Part 5

They walked until they reached a field, it was so bright Jade thought she was gonna go blind. Jordan slouched the moment they stepped in the field.

"What is a darkin like you doing in the land of the light?!" A booming voice yelled.

"Taking someone home." Jordan could barely get it out.

"I could do that, you crawl back to your hole now." The booming voice said, on the verge of yelling.

Jordan stepped in front of Jade, "I got it."

Jade could barely see the flash of light, her eyes flew open a split second later, Jordan flying across the field. She jumped back up, a snarl on her lips.

"Now go, before I kill you!" The booming voice yelled, so loud Jade almost stumbled.

"I told you, I got the!" Jordan yelled back, her voice booming now.

"You asked for it."

Hundreds of light lions formed, already stalking forward. Jordan let out a battle cry and hundreds of shadow wolves charged out of the woods. The wolves clashed with the lions, if they could bleed, the field would be soaked. Jade's vision was spinning, the mixture of blinding light and vision less black was horrible.

She could barely register a giant light lion jumping towards her, it jaws open and claws out. Quicker than anything Jade has ever seen, a giant wolves plowed into the lion, knocking it sideways. The wolf stalked in front of Jade, it was about a foot taller than her. It planted its feet, the shadow fur shaking as it did, and let out a low growl Jade could feel in her chest.

She instantly knew it was Jordan, so the lion had to be the wielder of light. He got up and let out a roar, so loud Jade winced. He charged, but Jordan wasn't letting rage dull her sense, and she easily countered his attack with a duck and slammed into his stomach. Jade felt something form under her and she was lifted off the ground. The wolf took off, Jordan following.

They got to the edge and Jade turned around, she saw the lion jumping into the air, "JORDAN!" She screamed, but it was too late.

The lion slammed onto her haunches, buckling her back legs, Jordan let out a whimper as she fell. The lion jumped on her back and sank his teeth into Jordan's neck. The worst whine Jade has ever heard escaped Jordan, making Jade's ears ring for a moment, like a bomb going off close to you.

Jade did the only thing she could think of, she charged to the fight, jumping like a warrior into a battle. Swords, made of shadows, formed in her hands. She didn't hesitate when she drove them into the side of the lion, they cut through it like butter. The lion roared in pain and swiped sideways at Jade, she was barely shielded by a shadow.

The moment that Jade made allowed Jordan to launch up and bite the lion's neck, but she was smart, she didn't try to kill him, she threw him. Jade was already running towards Jordan, she jumped on her back the moment she was able to and Jordan ran. They made it out of the field and through the woods, before Jordan collapsed.

"I know we could have died, but that was fun! It's been a while since I could use my powers like that." Jordan huffed, while laying face to the sky.

"I agree, that's the most action I've had in my life." Jade said, laying down next to Jordan

"One more day." Jordan said, a little bit of sadness in her voice.

Jade knew what she was talking about, "Yep, one more day."