Part 4

They ran for the rest of the day, they had gotten out of the shadow forest, crossed another clearing, and finally stopped in the middle of more woods.

"I set up a bed for you, I'll take the first watch." Jordan said, sitting down next to the fire, which made her hair glow and eyes become seas of flame.

Jade walked over to the "bed", it was really just blankets laying on the ground with some to put on top of yourself. Jade didn't realise how tired she was, because less than 30 seconds later she was asleep.

Jade woke up in the morning, the smell of fresh woody air surrounding her. She stretched then walked to the fire pit. Jordan was asleep on a shadow cot, a shadow person was sitting on a log, cooking breakfast.

"She'll be awake soon, sit, have breakfast." It said in a whispy voice.

Jade just nodded and grabbed a shadow plate. She almost gasped at how good the food was. The shadow person was right, Jordan woke up within 5 minutes and grabbed her own plate.

"You ready?" Jordan asked, after packing their stuff.

"Yep." Jade simply said.

The horses conjured back up and they started riding again. They were riding for the rest of the day, then slept exactly how they did the night before.

"How long was I out?" Jade wondered aloud.

"A while, I guess, they did give you a good whack." Jordan stated, but joked a bit, around her mouth full of eggs.

After heading back out on the horses Jade noticed Jordan acting exhausted. She was leaned over on her horse, practically panting. Even the horses seemed different, like they weren't there all the way.

They kept riding, but after an hour, the horses just vanished.

"JESUS!" Jade yelled as she flew towards the ground.

Jade scrambled up and looked around, Jordan was lying limp on the ground.

"JORDAN!?" Jade frantically asked, running faster than a cheetah to Jordan.

"I'm-just-a-bit-tired." Jordan said between deep breaths.

They had to stay there for about 2 hours before Jordan could even move.

"Are you sure you can walk?" Jade asked, worried.

"Ya, I'm fine after that rest." Jordan said, jogging in place.

Jade could still see the exhaustion written on Jordan's face, but she didn't want to argue.