Waste It On Me

Jungkook: I saw you were coming back to town for a few weeks. Maybe we could meet for a coffee and catch up?
[11:49am]

Your best friend sighed and handed the device to your mother for her to take a look at the text.
"You know, I kind of feel bed for him," she commented before taking a scolding sip of tea.

"The poor boy, you should go Yn, it would be nice for you to catch up with an old friend," you mother added in while sliding the phone across the marble counter.

"He's not an old friend, mom. We dated all through high school," you mumbled before smothering your feelings with chocolate cake.

"Isn't that what all you young kids are doing these days? Making things casual?" She frowned and Minhae nodded.

"They are, but the last thing Yn wants is to be friends with Jungkook— she wants to date him again," you watched the pair gossip over your failed love life with a small scowl.

"Ugh. You guys aren't being very helpful. I'm just not texting him back at all, I don't want to open up that can of worms," you finally decided while throwing your head back to look at the ceiling.

"Great idea, just answer him tomorrow when your head is clear again," Minhae said cheerily and you raised a brow at her.

"Again?"

"Yep. I'm taking you out tonight to celebrate you coming home. There's this new club that opened up a few weeks ago and it's so hot, I need to show you."

"I don't know," you trailed but your mother tutted.

"Darling you're not getting any younger, go out and have some fun!"

"Honestly, I swear you guys conspire against me constantly," you shook your head before stuffing the last of the cake in your mouth and licking your fingers.

"Of course we do, I'm your best friend and that's your mom. It's our job," Minhae chuckled then slid off the stool to grab your forearm and drag you with her to your bedroom. "You'll wear this, with this skirt and those cute lace up heels," Minhae announced from your wardrobe while you laid sprawled out on your bed.

"I can dress myself, you know?"

"Yeah into sweats and a hoodie apparently, now come on. You have some work to do, when was the last time you shaved your legs?" Your all too intrusive best friend pushed up the cuff of your sweats to pull at the hair growing by your ankles.

"Hey! It's winter, I'm under no longer obligated to shave. I don't have anybody to shave for anyway, so why would I care?" You retorted, now sitting up to look at your given outfit.

A cute baby pink bodysuit with a low back paired with a black skirt embroidered with flowers along the outer thighs. You couldn't deny your friend had a good sense in style but you doubted you'd even fit in the clothes anymore since binge eating junk food in college was sort of your new norm.

"Feeling good starts with you sister now go bust out the weed whacker and take care of yourself," she practically pushed you into your adjoining bathroom and you let her for the most part.

Only adding a little deadweight so that she'd have to really work for it.

By the time you were finished in the bathroom you felt refreshed and clear headed, not to mention smooth all over. It felt nice, you'd even used the unopened bottle of moisturizer you'd found under your sink to make your skin feel soft and smell like strawberries and cream.

Maybe you'd have to do this more often. Thanks to college and work you had forgotten how it felt to have time to feel happy and suddenly you felt much more energized for your outing this evening. A waft of strawberry scented fog followed you out of the bathroom and you happily hummed a pop song to yourself on your way to your underwear draw.