Prologue

Warning : this story is strictly fictional , although Ariana Grande is a real person , her relatives and family history in this book is completely fictional and unreal .

Moreover , Château Rousselle is also a fictional non-existent place .

Thank you .

_____________________

Prologue

" Why Miss Rousselle , you look Lovely tonight " complemented Monsieur Dumas while kissing her extended hand .

" Oh Robert !" She giggled yanking her hand back " you've always been good with words !"

" And you my lady " replied Monsieur Dumas " have always been good with balls ! Look around you at the beautiful celebration you put together ! Halloween has never looked so magnificent !"

Christelle Rousselle looked around at the golden walls of her castle , at the new bright red curtains that laid like wigs around the large , high windows . The tables covered in black fabric with golden designs at the bottom , were carrying food and drinks . Lady Rousselle's favorite being Bloody Marries .

All around the room were men and women , dressed in the finest fashions France had to offer , paired with colorful masks . The white marble floors seemed to be shaking as the dance started , the band played the most popular music of the time and couples of men an women stood facing each other , they trotted towards and away from one and other , when they got close , the woman raised her left hand , and the man his right , and they held hands while trotting in a circle , then as they trotted away , they switched partners , and the dance went on until the music stopped .

" Lady Rousselle " called Madame Roseveille " what a wonderful ball you've prepared ! I haven't had this much fun since the summer ! No one can plan a celebration like you ! Thank you for the wonderful night !"

" no , thank You my dear , any ball is only as good as the people attending it ."

" Lady Rousselle " interrupted a handsome young man " pardon me" he kissed her hand " My name is Louis De Grande , and a lady as beautiful and young as yourself should not be standing here alone , care to dance ?"

" why i'd love too Monsieur De Grande "

She couldn't help but stare into his beautiful black eyes , he was dressed in an expensive suit , indicating he was nobility. And they fell in love to the beat of the music .

The two got married , Louis De Grande moved into Château Rousselle and him and Christelle gave birth to a beautiful son , Arthur De Grande .

However , their happiness did not last . One day , Christelle's precious emerald necklace disappeared and was found among Louis' Things . She couldn't believe that her beloved husband would rob her , but the evidence was right in front of her eyes , and despite Louis' claims that he had been framed , she did not believe him and , feeling betrayed , she called the police .

It wasn't until ten years later , after Louis' had hung himself in jail , that one of her maids confessed that it was her late sister that had stolen the necklace , she said :

" one day , i walked into your and Master Louis' room , when i saw my late sister Annalise trying to smuggle your necklace , when she saw me , she panicked and dropped it in the Master's chest and then Hastily locked it . She died three days after that from a heart attack ."

That maid was fired the same day of her confession , for her silence caused the death of an innocent man .

Guilt ate up Christelle , And she locked herself away from the world .

At the age of 18 , Arthur left his mother who had stopped caring for him since he was 15 and went to America , leaving all of his family's great wealth and fortune behind in order to seek a new life .

And so he married and his wife gave birth to Colin Grande and in his turn , Colin also married and gave birth to Ariana Grande . But died in a car accident three weeks after her birth .