Chapter 1

To see pictures of Ariana's clothes , hair and characters from this book , follow my new instagram account : @madaelhorr_wattpad . Thank you .

________________________

Chapter 1

I pulled on my white cotton spandex sleeveless crop top paired with my Urban outfitters daisy circle skirt along with my favorite shoes , white cult minx pumps . My mom hired some guy to carry my bags down for me so all i had to do was strap my Nude Quilted Lock Cross Body Bag around my shoulders and use the elevator to go down and meet my mother in the limo .

My mom was dressed in a white button-up shirt , a black pencil skirt and white sandals , her blond hair tied neatly in a pony-tail just like mine . My mom made me die my hair blond last month so we'd look more like each other, now , when people see us for the first time , they think we're sisters .

I gave her a hug and climbed in the limo after her .

As we drove to the airport , i fixed my make up while looking in my small carry-on mirror .

" Why are we doing this again ?" I asked my mom in a bit of a whiny tone .

"Because you need to get to know your father's family and she's his only living relative ." She answered while looking over her paperwork .

"But mom ! It's my only vacation this year and you're making me spend it with an old lady i've never even met before ? That's not fair !" I complained , this vacation was definitely not my idea of fun , i wanted to go out with my friends , see people i haven't seen in ages not meet my great great grand-ma and stay with her in an empty house for four weeks !

It's my first time off since my "My Everything" tour and i worked really hard so i thought i deserved a real vacation.

" exactly , it's the only time you'll get to meet her ." She answered .

" fine " i slouched in my seat .

~>~

A white stretch limo picked me up from the airport .

" Where are we going ?" I asked the chauffeur .

" To Château Rousselle Mademoiselle Grande ." He answered with an accent .

" ok"

I looked out the window as the urban scenery turned to rural . And as buildings morphed into trees .

Château Rousselle where my great grand-ma Christelle Rousselle lived , was an old building in a remote area . Surrounded by nature .

I love nature and the country air , but the thought of spending my entire and only vacation doing nothing with an old lady i barely knew made me uncomfortable and a bit annoyed , nonetheless , my mother was right , she was my only living relative from my father's family and since i never had the chance to meet my dad , i could at least get to know his grand-ma right ?

~>~

I opened my eyes and wondered where i was . Well , i was inside a limo but why ? Oh yea ! Memories flushed back , and i sat up as the limo stopped in front of a huge metal gate . I must've fallen asleep on the way .

Two young men , opened the gate and the limo drove in slowly , stopping in front of a grey stone staircase leading to the front door .

The two men close the gate and raced to get my luggage inside while the chauffeur opened the door for me .

A round-shaped lady with coal black hair and a wide smile on her face , opened the door and ran down the stairs to me . She gave me a bone-breaking hug and then let me go starring at me .

" My Your Beautiful !!! You Look Just like your Great grand-pa !" She sang .

"I'm sorry ?" I asked confused .

"Oh pardon me ! " she apologized laughing " i'm Helga the cook ! Miss Rousselle told me to welcome you and show you around the castle ." Looks like great grand-ma was about excited about this visit as i was .

" and you know my great grand-pa ?" I asked still confused , i mean this lady looked old but not that old .

" oh not in person , but in paintings , pictures and stories . He was a good man and he loved your grand-mother dearly . "

" that's nice " i answered with a smile " i'm Ariana ."

" oh i know , Ariana De Grande !"

"What ? No . Ariana Grande , just Grande ."

"Oh ok " now she sounded confused .

She showed me around the castle which was amazingly beautiful but terrifyingly empty and then to my room .

My room was as fancy as the entire place , king sized bed and everything , it was all so beautiful and antique but so very lonely .

"Alright , well dinner is at seven , and tomorrow the Lady's guests will arrive so be prepared to meet them ."

" guests?!" I asked excitedly a glimmer of hope in my eyes , maybe i won't be so alone after all .

" yes , Mrs Genevieve Shaw i believe."

" is she my age ?" I urged .

" no , i think she's 69 years old ." Answered Helga thoughtfully .

"Does she have any kids ?"

"Nope " she answered before turning around " oh and you can do whatever you feel like doing , and if you need anything just talk to any maid or butler and they'll see to it that your demands are met ."

"Thanks Helga " i answered , she smiled and left closing the door behind her .

I plopped down on my bed . Great , i'm stuck with old people for an entire month !

Someone please kill me !