Chapter 12

I get to Flash and park as close as I can but I still have a few blocks to walk. The streets are full of people and I stick out only a little with my long sleeve turtle neck shirt and jeans. The bouncer lets me through easily and I climb over the rope to the stairs and I have to stop myself from running up them with excitement. I'm excited to see Brandon but I'm more excited to have something to distract my thoughts. The more I think about what I just did the more freaked out I get. How could I have just murdered someone and then just go out afterwards like nothing happened? What kind of a person does that make me?

I reach the office door and I take a deep calming breath before I knock. I wait but nobody answers so I knock again. I stand there for a moment worrying that he is blowing me off. Maybe he figured out what an awful person I am and decided he didn't want to see me after all. I turn around and walk down the hall just as he is coming around the corner.

"Kira! Hey! I wasn't expecting you for another hour or so." Brandon says to me.

"Sorry, should I come back later?" I ask.

"What? No, of course not. Come." He places his arm on my lower back and leads me to the office. "I just meant I would have met you downstairs if I'd known you were coming early. Let me just lock up the office and we can leave, it'll take just a minute."

"Leave? We are leaving?" I ask confused.

"Yes of course. It wouldn't be a proper date here at the club."

"Date?" I repeat like a moron.

"Yes, it's later than I would have liked but I don't know how much longer I'll be in town and I really want to spend time with you." He talks as he moves around the office putting papers away quickly, locking the safe, and turning lights off.

"Oh, right." I mumble as I think about him leaving town.

"Alright, all done." He says and he leads me out of the room and locks the door behind us. He places his hand on my back again as we head down the hall.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Well it was hard to find a nice restaurant that was open this late so I hope you don't mind but I thought we could eat at the restaurant in my hotel." He says as we reach the stairs. He shifts and holds my hand as we descend and he waves at the bouncer as we leave the club. He walks me to a sleek black car parked right in front of the building. "Sorry about the car. It's the best they could do on such short notice."

"Oh, um it's ok." I say confused as he opens the door for me and holds it until I climb in then he shuts the door. How weird. I sneak a look in the glove compartment and see an owner's manual with the words Aston Martin flashing across them. I don't know much about cars but I do know that name means this is an expensive car. I close the drawer quickly before he opens his door and I try to think of what he meant about the best they could do.

I sit back in the seat and sigh at the comfort of the black leather as it cradles my body. "So did you have a good night?" He asks as he starts up the car. He puts it into drive and pulls out of the spot smoothly and soon we are flying through the dark streets.

"Um, I guess so." I say awkwardly as I look out the window at the people who stop and stare at the small car zooming past them.

"Good to hear." He says and we are quiet for a moment "so I've been thinking about you a lot since we met."

"You have?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes of course. You're smart, kind, beautiful, funny, and a bit of a mystery to me." He says and he smiles his dazzling smile at me.