Chapter five: Too close

"She's dead"
Saying that out loud just reminds me of the painful that my mother is really gone and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, suddenly I feel like there's a lump in my throat, its just so tight and am finding it difficult to breathe.

"Uhmm I don't know what to say Kels but we are so sorry and even though I wanna ask some questions, I take it that you don't like this topic very much and we respect that but I hope you are okay"

Carla tries to comfort me

"You know what, its not okay, not at all I won't say it is I won't say I feel better cause I don't and even though its been two bloody years! I still remember it and feel it like its yesterday!!, it hurts so bad especially the way she left!!!"

Am so hurt right now and I don't care that they see me like this all I care about right now is this ache in my chest that just won't go away, and to my surprise the last person who I thought will ever try to comfort me comes and looks me straight in the eyes, Kent.
"Am sorry Kelsey I really didn't mean to hurt you"
I stare right back in to his eyes and see utmost sincerity through them. He removes the fallen strand of hair from my face and puts it behind my ear
"Am sorry Kelsey"
And I do the strangest of things I hug him.

"So Kelsey u love chocolate than vanilla flavour huh?
Nate decided to treat everyone to ice cream which is very nice of him but I would have preferred to stay indoors because I don't like the pity looks I get from people just cause am confined to a wheel chair, am not blind, not dumb, not deaf, not poor so I don't understand why they keep looking at me that way.

" Kel?
"Kell bell??
" Kelo??
Nate doesn't get the idea that am not gonna answer him
"Wait is it that you zoned out again or you are just really ignoring me?

" Kels pls pass the tissue "
Carla just stained her dress with Ice cream *facepalm* seriously!! I pass it to her anyway. Nate creates a fake expression of hurt on his face.
"And now I know you are ignoring me"
And I just ignore him again
"So guys we hav to complete our painting when are we going to conclude it, submission is really close

Carla groans from behind me askes "Is there anything besides homework that u r usually bothered about?"
Huh? "Well excuse me for trying to get a good grade on OUR project!
They all laugh at me and Rose looks up at me
"Well then kels you are excused"
"Well thank you" I say in my most British accent and again they all end up laughing at me. I like this, I really wish I could but honestly having people who are there for you is a great feeling and I haven't felt it in a while, I just hope that my past doesn't interfer with my now, if that ever happens people will get hurt again, am trying my best not to get close, arrrghh who am I kidding am already close am trying my best not to get too close to this group of people here for me and its so damn hard!
"Kelsey?, Kelsey? Kelsey!!"
"Yeah? Yeah? Am here"
Ben looks at me intently studying me
"Sometimes I worry about you Kels, you zone out a lot and you know why, its because you are over thinking, whatever it is that's bothering you if you ever want to share we are here for you. Just live in the moment okay?"
Is words like this that makes me want to pack my things and disappear before I get over attached. Ben is really sweet
"Okay".
*Please read*
This chapter was really short yeah? Am sorry it took time to update again but please bear with me..... Back on her feet is just my first book but I have a lot u want to do with this book. So pleassssseeeeee support me by encouraging me, show some love and vote and comment pls.... Thanks😘...... Dagash out✌