Quidditch ϟ Game

In the Great Hall all the students are currently greeted with a sugar high as it is Halloween night. Taking in the sight of Walton shoving his face with more chocolate then it can hold and for once Verna isn't judging him SHE has joined him, I smile to myself and grab my own piece of chocolate- Halloween is not everyday.

Jack o' lanterns lit up the great Hall for a change instead of candles and I appreciated the touch. I don't really remember last year's Halloween as I was too busy studying for a paper that was soon due around that time.

Suddenly Quirrell burst through the Great Hall doors screaming at the top of his lungs. Everyone's attention turned to him in shock and terror. "TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" He stopped the yelling and the silence was still amongst us all. "Thought you ought to know." He lastly said before he fell down because he had fainted. The room was silent for a moment more but then it registered to people and everyone started to freak out.

Walton nearly choked on the many unchewed pieces of chocolate in his mouth and Verna stood straight up. "TROLL!" She yelled. "Calm down Verna!" I yelled back trying to get her to sit back down. Dumbledore rose from his spot immediately and yelled over all the students. "SILENCE!" Everyone stopped freaking out surprisingly and Verna shot back down into her seat, she doesn't like to be in trouble.

"Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore last said I quickly glanced over to my father and he held a smug face and watched everyone be escorted by their prefect, he then disappeared through a doorway probably to help Dumbledore I could only assume.

ϟ

"What did the troll look like? Was it as nasty as I can imagine!?" I egged on my father with tons of questions with what happened last night. I heard rumors that Harry Potter was the one to defeat the troll himself to save him and his friends, Ron and Hermione.
"Coraline there are picture books in the library you can look at." He plainly said and I just sighed. Of course that's his response.

We enter the great Hall and my father immediately noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione sat eating their breakfast. He walked quicker and I tried to keep up with his pace.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you even if it is against Slytherin." My father snarled and Potter opened his mouth to speak but I did before him, I'm quite quick.

"So it is true!" I pushed myself infront of my father but was placed back behind him. Harry looked at me strange and then shook his head a little and looked back up at Snape but my father was already gone and limping away. Wait, he had a limp?

I squinted my eyes and watched him slightly while still paying attention to potter and the other two. "That explains the blood." Harry mumbled. "What blood?" Hermione asked back louder then Harry. I looked down at them and saw Ron nudged Hermione and then she looked at me but her eyes quickly darted away.

"Excuse me but we haven't officially met, I'm Coraline." I started. "Snape." They finished with me. I frowned for a quick moment but it wasn't even noticable because a smile formed again when Harry spoke up. "It's nice to meet you Coraline." He held his hand out for me to shake, at least someone has manners. I embraced his hand in a shake and smiled directly down at him. "The pleasures all mine Harry Potter."

I let go of his hand and nodded at the other two. "You both too." Hermione gave me a shy smile and Ron didn't even bother smiling at all, he had more of a face like he was frightened of me. "Goodluck tonight Harry." and with that final statement slowly started to move my feet away from them.