Enemy Fire

Jisung had come home that evening with a duffle bag full of inventions. From devices that could detect viruses; intricate systems that were used for security; cameras filled with classical wires, from big to small; custom made timers to trip any trapping systems; reconstructed chargers that let's someone gain control over the phone; hidden body cameras. As much as it was rather unnerving for his friend to be making these kinds of inventions, it proved to be very useful. It wasn't much of a shock to the orange haired boy that there was a large quantity. The quality was honestly the more surprising detail of it all. Because sure, the dancer knew Renjun could build- but he didn't expect it to be so legit and professional.
    There wasn't much thought through the whole process regarding what his friend did do. However there were multiple times where he had to pause and collect himself. No way in hell would he let himself start sobbing or whatever in the room. Not when the blond's mother could've been in a direct earshot. And Jisung was already taking enough time and effort to be as stealthy as possible. He didn't need a curious eye watching out for him whilst he did the deed. That was a bit too much for his tastes.
    So, in the end, the sixteen year old was able to snatch as much as he could; and escape without leaving a single hint that it was him who had entered. Despite the reassurance however, he still prayed to any higher power that Renjun's mom wouldn't be so quick in figuring it out. Or just not figure it out at all. That was a way better option in his opinion.
    That evening, Jisung came home and made a beeline towards his room. He had passed his two guardians sitting at the dinner table and ran straight to his own room- slamming his door shut in the process.
    "What a rude boy. Does he know anything about respect?" He had heard Ten complain. The image of the dance teacher leaning against his chair in a lazy manner with an offended expression had popped up. Along with the figure of Taeyong who may have shrugged with his own comment.
    "Leave him be. He'll probably come down later and apologize." The red haired man had soothed. "Just make sure not to disturb him too much. He'd like a deer in headlights sometimes. And you know what happens when you disturb the deer."
    "Oh please. Tell me more." Ten had exclaimed, sarcasm probably dripping out of his lips.
    The rest of the night was basically filled with their banter, as Jisung was in his room upstairs. He had spent a good two hours trying to figure all the inventions out before giving up. There was the consideration of going downstairs to eat food, but it was already getting a bit late. Which meant Ten wasn't going to be so passive about it and most likely rip him a new one. Also, the student had no intention on walking into some random endearing conversation that was most definitely happening. He wasn't planning on gagging too much this time around.
    He had quickly went to sleep only after another hour. As soon as he closed his eyes. He had been disturbed by a familiar buzz against his nightstand.
    "What......." Grumbling, the smooth texture of his phone case brushed against his outstretched arm. Jisung sat up and rubbed his cheek. With eyes squinted, the teen attempted to read what was on the bright screen.

- Hello

    "What?" He repeated, but it was much less a complaint and more of a question. Unlocking his phone, the orange haired boy immediately lowered his brightness before continuing. While doing so, he found the notification. It was a simple message, paired with a confusing app icon.
The background was a pink hue. There was text under it that looked similar to recent message apps he had scene before. However the icon was only a symbol of an eye. It was rather unsettling to say the least, but otherwise it wasn't as unnerving as previous things. In fact, Jisung was starting to find these things getting less daunting by the day.
Opening the app up, he was brought to a simple dark screen with a loading sign. And after only a few seconds, it had faded back into the pink shade of the app itself. A single text popped up in a cute flower bubble, supposedly replacing the basic blue or grey one in normal texts. The message was the same as when the notification popped up. There was no number or contact name. No back button to go to a main menu or whatnot. Just the message. And his own keyboard.
He was quick to respond.