Being small

(Extra long and plot-heavy. Killua doesn't appear until around 700 words)

It took you YEARS to finally fulfil your dream: getting to play Greed Island. Ever since you heard about it in your childhood years from your parents, you absolutely knew in your heart that getting a copy and playing it would be your life goal.

However, it wasn't easy. Especially with the condition you were born with.

Proportionate Dwarfism.

All your life you've been really small, always about a foot shorter than average height. But even so, you were determined to become a Hunter no matter what.

And now you're here, in Greed Island.

Walking from the Shiso Tree (starting point), you look around in silent awe at the vast land of grass stretching beyond for what seems like forever. You squint your eyes and see some houses and buildings in the distance. You pick up the pace and started making your way there.

After a long while, you finally reached the place. The city of Antokiba also known as the City of Prizes. 

This should be a good place to start

You walk around, observing your surroundings carefully, reading the signs and such. Eventually, a huge poster caught your eye. Next to it was a huge crowd. You slowly make your way up to it, curious as to what's going on. Reading the poster, you see that there's an event going on.

WIN THE ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS TOURNAMENT AND WIN CARD NO. 27: BOOK OF V.I.P. PASSES!!!

Ooh, so you win a card.

You then try to make your way through the crowd. However, due to your very small stature, you cannot see what the hell is going on. Sighing in frustration, you began to politely ask people to move away so you can pass. Some were kind enough to let you pass, but those were just the NPCs. The players were...not so. 

"Excuse me, may I pass?" you tap the back of someone in front of you.

"Hmm?" he turned around, looking straight behind him. He looked left and right, but didn't see anyone. You sighed.

"Down here!"

He finally looked down on you, immediately noticing the Ring you're wearing.

"What's a kid doing over here?" 

I am not a kid

"Um, I would just like to pass?"

He snickered. "What, you planning to join the tournament, kid?"

Hiding your frustration, you replied. "Yes, I'm planning to join this tournament, mister."

He burst out laughing. Calling out to the hosts in the very front, he said "Yo, this kid wants to try her luck at the tournament ahahahaha!!" 

The hosts noticed you and beckoned you to the front cheerfully. The crowd started to make way for you so you walked forward.

"AND WE HAVE ANOTHER CONTESTANT FOR THIS MONTH'S EVENT!!" 

The crowd started cheering. Though some were snickering...

 MAY WE ASK FOR YOUR NAME, YOUNG LADY?" The hosts asked, looking down slightly as they did so to meet your gaze.

"(Y/N) (L/N)," you say ever so casually, smiling a little.

"ALL RIGHT THEN LET'S START THE TOURNAMENT!!"

-----------------

The hosts look at you in shock after finishing your last round. You were against the rude guy earlier.