Cupid's Arrow-By: Badly Bent

I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY

I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY. It's just another stupid man-made holiday, constructed for poor love-sick bastards, but even this shitty Hallmark day can't bring my mood down. Want to know why?

We're in L.A., BABY!

It's hard to believe. We started out as just four normal Irish lads, with big dreams playing and making music in a garage. Now here we are, three days away from performing on the same fucking stage as the biggest band in the US—Sinners. We are heading on the road with them for the next six months as the opening act for their world tour.

Dad came through with that one; his old friend Rich pulled in a few favours with the band members and he scored us an audition. Which we nailed. Thank you!

Apparently, Sinners played a steady gig at Rich's bar, Jar's, back when nobody knew their names. Then boom! One night... a producer from Limelight Records came in for a few drinks and signed them right there on the spot. They owe Rich for their success, so they did him a solid and gave us a listen.

When Rich called Dad earlier today and found out we were in town, he asked if we could do a few songs tonight for his "Love Lock Night." Of course, we said yes. We owe the man everything after he got us an in for this world tour. Hell, I would've played at a kid's party if he wanted. The only problem is Rich suggested that we keep to the whole love theme because you know V-Day.

We will have to open with mostly covers, but Rich said we could throw in a few pieces of our own material throughout, hopefully we can build some sort of American fan base. All it takes is one YouTube video and we could go viral.

The door of my hotel room swings open with a resounding thud, indicating the arrival of one of my best friends and band members, Ciaran Maguire. "Helloooooo, Princess," he hollers.

I met Ciaran and his identical twin brother, Conor, a few years back through my little sister, Rosie.

When she overheard my best friend, Cillian, and I were setting up our own band; she persuaded me, to check out the duo at the school's Battle Of The Bands contest. Thank god she did because they didn't disappoint. They blew us away with a badass rendition of Metallica's "Enter Sandman".

Ciaran is one of the best drummers I've ever heard. I swear he can play anything and everything. He's a musical prodigy, and to be honest, so is his brother. Conor is an exceptional bass player. I realized there and then I wanted them in the band, and subsequently, 4Clover was born.

We have played a few gigs around Ireland and the U.K over the last few years. We built up a huge following back home, but this tour will hopefully get our name out there. Worldwide.

"You ready to go?" Ciaran asks before jumping back and sprawling out on the king-sized hotel bed.

"Yeah, two minutes. Let me just pack up my guitar. Where are Cillian and Conor?" I ask.