Settling In

It was now midnight, and he decided to sneak off to the nearest library. He left nothing behind, but grabbed random pieces of rubble from the house. As he walked he set them down so he wouldn't lose his way back. He wandered a bit, then saw a huge sign that read "LIBRARY". He walked up to the doors, seeing they were unlocked. He walked in and decided to find a book on Lathander.

He couldn't quite explain why he was so suddenly drawn to Lathander, but he felt like it was how he should live his life. When he first met Alenia, he looked at what he wanted to be. A holy warrior, honest, just, and fair. He wanted to turn in criminals like Sifs and Drair. He wanted to prove, not only to himself, but to everyone that good goblins do exist.

He looked around, seeing the place was empty. He walked up and down the large corridors made by the bookshelves that looked up over him. He saw a section that read in many languages, although not goblin, 'Religious Reading.' He smiled and walked over to the section, but could only reach about two or three shelves up.

He started to climb the bookshelf, looking at the alphabetical order of the books. Although he didn't completely know common, just bits and pieces, he could still recognize the letters 'Lathander' as a section of books was in front of his face.

He grinned and started grabbing books, as many as he could carry on him. He jumped down, wincing from the sudden pressure on his injured feet, then ran up to the front desk. He saw nobody there, so he dropped two of his gold pieces on the desk, and ran out the front door.

He carefully followed his path home, then set the books down. He went back and removed some of the rubble so nobody would track him down by following it. He went back and sorted the books into piles of big, and small. He decided he would have to start with the small books, to learn common on his own. 

356 word