ΩChapter 11: FlashbackΩ

GRAYDAR

The morning after...

We left some food, water and a sign in case Sophia ever returned to the highway, then drove to the farm. I rode with Daryl on his bike, since I didn't want to hear Carol's complaints. 

When we got there, I got off the bike and Badger ran to greet me, "Hey, babyboy!" I smiled, scooping him up in my arms, then I went towards Daryl to mess with him, "Say hi to Daryl." I told the puppy, stretching him in front of the man's face. Daryl smiled and petted his head, "He's very handsome." the hunter said, "Heck yeah." I replied. 

Then I got bored and decided to go with Kira, who was talking with the woman that had the horse, two guys, and a blonde girl, "Hi." I greeted my friend, "Hey, Gray!" the Kitsune said cheerily, These are Maggie, Liam, Jimmy and Beth." she said, pointing at each of the people as she said their names. I made eye-contact with Liam and could immediately tell that he was a werewolf, yay! 

"Guys, this is Graydar." Kira told them, "Aloha." I said uncomfortably, since everyone's eyes were on me. I then sat down next to Kira. 

I sat with them for a while, listening as they chatted about random things until Daryl called me over. "Ugh, what does he want now?" I asked in a whisper, then I got up and went towards the man.

"What's up?" I asked, "Wanna come with me to look for Sophia?" he asked, I nodded with a smile. Hey, at least I wouldn't have to socialize anymore. Did I mention I hate socializing? Unless it's someone I trust and am comfortable around... "Yeah, of course. Let me go get my weapons." I replied. The man nodded, "I'll wait for you here." he said. I nodded and ran to get my things, which were on the floor near the group of chatting teenagers/young adults. 

"Where are you going?" Beth asked, "With Daryl to look for Sophia." I answered, "Isn't it dangerous? Daddy says it's dangerous." the blonde asked, I shrugged. "Probably, but I don't give a crap." I replied before returning to a patiently waiting Daryl. 

"All ready!" I said happily, he smiled, "Why are you so smiley today?" he asked as we walked towards the woods, "Because...I don't know." I replied with shrug. He raised an eyebrow. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I urged. 

---Ω---

We walked in silence– which was boring. Very boring. I was literally dying from boredom. Not even Derek the Sourwolf– as Stiles had nicknamed him, bored me this much. 

Then we came across an abandoned house and we decided to go in to see if Sophia was there. We found an empty tuna can and some blankets inside a closet. The place couldn't have fit someone taller than maybe 5ft. It was our best lead so far. Daryl and I grinned at each other and we exited the house. "Sophia!" the man yelled. I couldn't hear any beating hearts besides mine...not Daryl's because he doesn't have one, hahaha...just kidding, also his. 

Daryl then tore a flower from the ground and I looked at him confused. "It's a Cherokee Rose, the story goes that when soldiers were escorting Indians off their lands, the Cherokee moms were crying because they were losing their children; so the elders asked for a sign and the next day, these flowers started growing where the tears fell. I'm gonna give this one to Carol." he told me. I listened intently with a smile. Turns out, mucho macho man Daryl does have a heart

"That's a beautiful story, I love the idea! So I take it you're one of the few that paid attention during history class?" I asked with a small chuckle at the end. He playfully rolled his eyes and started walking back to the farm. Screw you, I'm hilarious. 

---Ω---

Once we got back to the farm, Daryl went to give the flower to Carol and I decided to look for Kira because she was the only person in the whole place with a sense of humor.