ΩChapter 28: AllianceΩ

GRAYDAR

Russell, Stiles, Isaac, Allison and Kira stayed at the prison to watch out for the group, Chase and Badger. The rest of the pack– including me– left to find Lydia. 

Rick tried to stop us as we exited the prison, but we quickly took off running before he could do something and went towards the woods– following the Banshee's distinctive scent.

I shifted to my wolf form and led the pack through the trees and bushes, head lowered to the ground– tracking the strawberry-blonde. 

We ran for about 10 minutes until we finally found her. She was tied to a tree and there were walkers walking directly towards her– luckily none of them had gotten close enough to hurt her. 

A couple of headshots and slices later, all of the reanimated corpses were motionless on the ground and then we ran towards Lydia. "You okay?" I asked my friend, pulling her into a hug once we had untied her. She answered with a nod. 

"What happened?" Scott asked her, "A woman. Blonde hair, pale skin, honey-brown eyes. Around 40 years old." Lydia replied, "The alpha." Liam said, putting the pieces together, "Of course." I said, shaking my head in frustration. 

"I see you found your friend, Graydar." the Alpha said, coming out of nowhere– as usual.

I moved to stand in front of my pack in a protective way, which earned me a weird look from Scott. 

"Yeah, no thanks to you." I sneered, my eyes filled with hate, but she just laughed it off. "I realize that you kids are way smarter than you appear to be. However, how smart do you think those humans living at the prison are? They have no idea of what hides out there in the dark..." she said with an evil look on her face. I let out a growl.

"Wanna save them? Come with me, I have plans for you." the Alpha said, stepping closer to me, I scoffed. "In your dreams. Leave. Us. Alone." I replied, holding eye-contact and not backing down. 

A lightning struck the Earth– a bit too close to us. 

"As you wish, princess. I just hope you know that your decisions could get someone seriously hurt." was the last thing she said before quickly disappearing again. 

Another lightning followed by thunder. 

Scott laid a hand on my shoulder, getting my attention, so I turned to look at him. "Go back to the prison and make sure that everyone's safe. I'm gonna follow that bitch." I told my brother, still angry. "Gray..." he started to respond, but I cut him off. "Please, Scotty. This is between her and I, I don't want any of you getting hurt because of this. She got close to killing Carl and now Lydia." I pleaded. 

My brother stared straight into my eyes for a few seconds, contemplating what I was saying, until he nodded. "Okay. Just be careful, please." he told me, "Of course." I said with a nod, then shifted and took off running– following the Alpha's scent.

–––Ω–––

A couple of hours went by as I was following the blonde woman. The sky was now dark and stars could be seen. 

Finally, I saw her go into a fortified town; Woodbury. 

What the hell is she doing there? 

I circled the town until I got to where Maggie and Glenn were held back when Merle kidnapped them. 

Since I was still outside, I couldn't see what was going on inside– so I climbed the tallest tree I could find nearby so I could spy on the woman. I saw her go into a building. The Governor was there, along with Milton– his scientist/slave. I know who he is because he's the nerdy-looking man that joined the Governor the day before for his meeting with Rick.