ΩChapter 22: Oreo MischiefΩ

GRAYDAR

After what happened with Lori; Daryl and Maggie went to look for a store that had baby food. I didn't know that they were leaving until after they were gone because I was too busy playing with Badger. 

So, naturally, once I learnt that they had left, I decided to follow them along with Malia without anyone noticing. Just to piss them off for fun. I mean...help. Yep. That. 

We discreetly exited the prison and used our supernatural senses to locate the two adults. I led the way in my wolf form and Malia followed me in her coyote form. Both of us gliding along the paved rode in a super fast speed. 

It took us about 10 minutes before we finally found Daryl's bike parked outside what used to be a day care centre. The two of us shifted back to our human forms and we entered the place, sharing mischievous grins. We silently walked along the hallways until we heard voices coming from the kitchen, so we went towards it and found Daryl and Maggie. 

"Find what we needed?" I asked with a goofy grin on my lips, crossed arms and back leaned against the wall. Malia stood behind me. 

Maggie jolted, not expecting someone besides Daryl to be there, which caused Malia to burst out laughing– and Daryl to look at me furiously. If this was a cartoon, smoke would be coming out of his ears and his face would be red. 

"What the hell are you two doing here?" the hunter asked angrily, "We came here to volunteer at the day care. We're gonna teach the babies how to use weapons." I replied sarcastically. "We came to help you, dumbass. What else would we be doing here?" Malia added with an eye-roll– which made me laugh. 

Daryl ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, which made me and the coyote laugh even more. 

"You love the fact that I'm here and you know it, bro." I said with a mischievous smile and then winked at the man. I love messing with him, in case you haven't noticed. Malia and I then got bored and started looking around the place to see if we could find anything useful. 

---Ω---

We ended up finding a bunch of toys and clothes that should be a great fit for the baby and then we went back to the prison– running, since there was no space for us on the bike. We still got there faster than Daryl and Maggie. Haha, losers. 

As soon as the adults made it back, Beth prepared the baby formula and Daryl fed it...I mean, her. The hunter looked like a completely different person when holding the baby. He was smiling! Daryl Dixon was actually smiling! Miracles do happen! And here you have me thinking that he was more sour than Derek! Smh.

Malia and I then went to hang out with Russell and Liam, and they asked where we had been for the past 2 hours– so we proceeded to explain that we had followed Maggie and Daryl, which led both boys to burst out laughing. Mission status: successful. No one besides Russ and Liam noticed that we were missing. 

I then realized that Rick was nowhere to be seen. The dude's last standing screw fell off when Lori died and now he's somewhere acting like a nut-job. Personally, I wasn't too affected by Lori's death. I didn't really like the woman, but I feel sad for Carl, Rick, Maggie, Carol, Hershel and Beth– given that they all cared deeply for her. 

---Ω---

Once everyone was done having dinner, they all went to sleep. So I left the cellblock with Badger and we went to my tower. 

I have an entire collection in there of Oreo cookies– but they were well hidden because I don't share my cookies. I found them a couple of nights ago when I escaped the prison. It was during a full moon and my body was filled with energy, so I went out on my own and ran around the woods, went into stores to try to find cool stuff, among other things. That was probably the most fun I'd had during the night since the apocalypse started. 

I ate an entire pack of Oreos and then laid down on the bed– Badger by my side. 

---Ω---

The next day, Rick decided to make an appearance while the rest of us were having breakfast. He didn't pay any attention to the baby, all he did was hug Carl and ask if we all had a knife and a gun; and if we had enough food. Glenn told him that he and Maggie would be going out later to look for more formula for the baby; Lil' Ass-Kicker, as Daryl nicknamed her. 

Rick nodded and left again. 

Glenn decided to go after him, but came back a few seconds later and told us that Rick was killing every single walker he came across– and that he had almost shot him in the process. 

The whole group exchanged worried glances. I let out a frustrated sigh and turned to look at Malia, who was already staring at me with a look that said 'let's go get him'. I nodded with mischief in my eyes and we left the cellblock to look for Rick. 

We came up from behind him and tackled the man to the floor with ease– given that he was very distracted at the moment. Then we tied his hands with some handcuffs we'd taken off a dead prisoner when we kinda cleaned up the prison the first day. No one knew that we had them. And they're not the only thing that Liam, Russ, Kira, Glenn, Malia and I have hidden. 

Then we dragged Rick– by his feet– back to the cellblock. He tried to break free, but he wasn't able to because werewolves beat ex-cop. 

"Carol, could you please feed him?" I asked the older woman when we arrived to the cellblock. Malia and I then proceeded to drop Rick next to the table. 

Carol nodded, eyeing us like we were crazy and prepared something for Rick to eat. Everyone except for Glenn, Kira, Liam and Russell was looking a us as if we had escaped from a mental institute. "What? We're just trying to help our leader." I said with a pout. "Who, by the way, needs a therapist pretty urgently." Malia added. 

---Ω---

After a while, Maggie and Glenn left to get more stuff for the baby– and obviously, we followed them, except this time, Liam joined us. Of course we had to go out without anyone noticing again, so I told Russell to distract Daryl while the three of us sneaked out. 

When we finally found the couple, we saw them exiting the store they had gone into. Liam, Malia and I hid behind a car because Maggie and Glenn had brought a walkie-talkie and would probably tell the dudes back at the prison that we had escaped if we let them see us– which would lead to Daryl coming to get us, and I don't want that to happen. 

Suddenly, I caught a scent– a human one. Wait, I know that smell...holy crap, Merle! 

"It's true what they say, this is a small world we live in. The chinaman and his girlfriend." Merle said with a laugh when he spotted the couple. "My brother still alive?" he asked, a bit more serious this time, "Yes." Glenn replied, he sounded scared and angry at the same time. 

Merle and Glenn then started arguing because the Asian boy refused to tell him where the prison is located. Things got heated pretty quickly and Merle now had a gun out– pressed against Maggie's head to threaten Glenn. 

"We should help." Liam said a bit nervously. Malia and I nodded in agreement. "Of course, but Merle can't see us. We won't be able to do anything if he sees us trying something– he'll kill Maggie." I said. Both of them nodded. 

I started explaining my plan, but before we could carry it out, Merle forcefully put both Maggie and Glenn inside a car and they drove off. Except they weren't going towards the prison– in fact, they were driving in the complete opposite direction. 

All three of us got ready to run after the car, but then I smelt blood. I looked for the scent's source and saw a woman– whose leg was bleeding pretty badly...