Chapter 1

(Welcome to chapter 1!)

On a Sunday at 12:02am...

My phone vibrates, I glance at my phone it seems to be a voice message from one of my friends, but because I am too tired and I decide against opening the message.

...

it's already 4am I wonder why I've gotten up this early, I quickly unlock my phone and press play on the voice message.

*Justin, my everything is coming to your school you should take care of her, let me show you a picture of her* the voice message from Katie says

I respond quickly by saying,

*show me*

She responded 3 hours later telling me her name

*firstly her name is Pearl.* her response says.

Without my response Katie sends a picture of 'her everything.'

I look at the picture and think to myself that she is an amazing looking girl, without my response a follow up message comes.

*she's staring tomorrow* Katie tells me.

*oh okay* I respond.

*what grade?* I send without her response because of curiosity.

*10* she quickly replied.

We go on exchanging messages laughing in between most of them, I ask a question that's not needed at a point and she tells me how foolish it is for me to ask a question that isn't so necessary and we laugh about it and I tell her that I'll ask as many questions and with that we continue talking about 'her everything.'

Leading to her telling me where she lives even before I ask, which I find very nice of her.

I receive an attachment after what seems like 2 hours and it's a screenshot of a conversation she was having with 'her everything'

why do I still say 'her everything' her name is 'Pearl' I told myself.

I read the conversation and I can't help it but laugh at the fact that Katie told Pearl that I'd check for her when she's in school.

...

A week has passed, why haven't I at least texted Pearl I'm sure Katie already told her to expect a text from me, I get my phone from under my pillow and I immediately look up her name and there she is I quickly open the chat.

*Hello.* I send to her.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up, wondering why I was so quick I looked at my phone's lock screen.

*Hey* she responds.

*How're you?* I quickly reply.

*I'm tired, but I'm alright thanks and you?* She replies.

Our conversation seems a little too formal but I guess it's alright for starters, our conversation goes on she asks me what I am doing and I am a little hesitant with my replies but I get myself in check and carry on with the conversation, I ask her how the school is for her so far and she simply tells me it's okay and I ask her why she's always in class and she tells me it's because she's shy and it takes quite sometime to get used to a new place.

I already knew that's the reason why she's always in class, even if I haven't met or seen her yet I could tell from her picture I don't know how, that she looks like the type of shy person that's mostly shy only when they don't know anyone around them.