Happy Endings...?

They laughed a little and the Gilinsky's mom said,"Jacks mom and I are both going on a business trip and are just seeing if you two could say a little bit longer." "Oh..." They both whispered to themselves as I pulled them downstairs.

"Why'd you bring us down here..? I wanted to know!" Johnson complained

"Cause, they're parents. We all know they won't discus their 'parent business' in front of us." I answered.

"True. True," Johnson said nodding his head in agreement. "Oh my god. Guys, guess what!"

"What?" Gilinsky asked.

"I don't know."

"What?" He asked again.

"Don't judge me, I like making things dramatic."

Gilinsky rolled his eyes and then walked over to me. He sat down on the couch and pulled me down next to him. Johnson did the same to Kate while Jordan and Jake did their own thing still outside. We watched a movie until my mom told us to come up stairs...They laughed a little and the Gilinsky's mom said,"Jacks mom and I are both going on a business trip and are just seeing if you two could say a little bit longer." "Oh..." They both whispered to themselves as I pulled them downstairs.

"Why'd you bring us down here..? I wanted to know!" Johnson complained

"Cause, they're parents. We all know they won't discus their 'parent business' in front of us." I answered.

"True. True," Johnson said nodding his head in agreement. "Oh my god. Guys, guess what!"

"What?" Gilinsky asked.

"I don't know."

"What?" He asked again.

"Don't judge me, I like making things dramatic."

Gilinsky rolled his eyes and then walked over to me. He sat down on the couch and pulled me down next to him. Johnson did the same to Kate while Jordan and Jake did their own thing still outside. We watched a movie until my mom told us to come up stairs...

Johnson led us up, then Gilinsky, then me. When we got upstairs my mom started talking, but I got a text from Zach, my abusive ex. It said,

"Listen. Skylar, I know you probably hate me and all but I still love you. I really do, and I'm sorry. I just-"

He went on, but I just turned off my phone and started to tear up. He was bipolar yes, and that's how I know noting he said was true. And him being abusive is what changed John from one if my best friends to one of the shittiest, most protective brother you'll come across. At this point I was had so many tears and just burst. I ran up to my room and locked my door.

After a couple minutes of me crying to my self there was a knock on the door, I didn't answer. Then there was a voice, it was John... I slowly got up and opened the door, he then came in and closed it behind him. I wanted back and threw myself on the bed. He sat next to me and asked,

"Do you wanna talk about it...?" In a sweet and soft voice.

I like the face that he didn't ask me 'Are you okay?'. I though about it for a while and then nodded yes. When I eventually caught my breath, I managed to get the words out. Explaining and reading the rest of the message to John...

"Oh my fuck." He said running his fingers through his hair and then pulling me to his chest. He rubbed my back and tried to calm my sobs...

He eventually went down stair to get me a glass of water and a box of tissues. When he was doing that my mom came in and sat down next to me.

"Are you okay...?" She asked.

"Sure." I said giving her a little of attitude.

"Sorry, stupid question," He said laughing a little. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

She didn't know about Zach... She didn't know that he was abusive, she though that he and I broke up because he cheated on me, so, I shook my head. I couldn't tell her, and I don't think I ever would.... Before everything with Zach John and I were the closest siblings and could tell each other anything-pretty much like if John it some girl pregnant someone he'd tell me, or if I killed someone I'd tell him. But, thanks to Zach all that it gone... He's just extremely protecting, and I don't blame him. If my little sister got abuse but one of her boyfriends I'd probably be just like him....

When John came back in, he put the water on the desk beside my bed, handed me the tissues, and left my room. She rubbed my back one last time then went back down stairs....

I just laid there for a while, starring at the ceiling. When I eventually got a grip I stood up slowly and put on some grey sweat pants and an oversized shirt that John had given to me a while back.

When I walked down the stairs I whipped away my tears and told myself,

'Pull your shit together Skylar, you've been through worse...'

Over and over again until I got to the bottom.

The Jacks were just sitting awkwardly next to John on the couch while the moms were just standing at the counter talking....

When someone eventually noticed me they said,"Skylar...!" Then everyone turned and looked at me. The looks on everyone's faces were kind of sad... But Gilinsky looked as if he was almost sadder than me...

They all kind of just started, so, of course it was awkward. After a while I sat down next to John, put my arms about him, and put my head in his shoulder. He rubbed my back and whispered things that almost made me happy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; Sorry I haven't updated! My WattPad was being weird and when i'd type something i'd get deleted. I fixed it though! (hopefully) 😪