a Starker rant

i hate Starker.

let's start with a refresher on Peter's past.

first, his parents die when he's four. (i think.) this is bad enough on its own; two parental figures dying when he's at such a young age would be traumatic. he went to live with aunt may and uncle ben after that.

then, assuming that the MCU follows the same timeline as the comics, he was raped by Skip, an older male.

his father-figure, Ben, died at what i assume is around age 13-14. we can't really know for sure, since we're given, like, 0 background to the character.

ahem. anyways, given this information, we can only assume that he has at least some post-traumatic stress surrounding males, particularly males that he looks up to.

so, i figure that when Peter met Tony, he was afraid. this man that he idolized is now involved in his personal life, which makes Peter feel much more vulnerable.

would he feel okay to go one step further and date him?

no.

absolutely not.

first of all, it is illegal. surely Peter would care about that. *cough cough* Skip *cough cough.*

second of all, Tony is his mentor, and maybe we could stretch and call him his father figure. (don't worry; i love irondad and spiderson as much as the next guy, i'm just not sure if they're at that point in the movies yet.)

and, lastly, it is illegal. i said that. but i don't care. because it's so freaking illegal that it's absurd.

okay bye.