Day 3 - AU

The best way for PC Yasmin Kahn to start off her day was with a good old fashioned store robbery. So that's what's she was on her way to.

"This is PC Khan. How many are we talking about? Over"

She listened to the details in the radio, mentally writing them all down as she drove toward the crime scene. Once there she got out of the car and ran into the store, a big man standing with his gun aimed at the cashier.

"Sheffield Police, hands in the air!", she yelled aiming her gun at the man and the man turned to her. He was at least 6 feet tall and way too strong for Yaz to handle. And the officer knew that.

"You called the police?!", the man yelled turning back to the cashier who stood with his hands in the air.

"Put the gun down sir, I won't tell you again!", Yaz said yelled once more. She was praying to God that backup would arrive soon.

"You should step out of my way little girl", the man said making Yaz groan and step further towards him. Once he looked away she attacked. She brought her hand to his with gun and aimed it towards the ground. But before she could react, a gunshot was heard and she felt herself falling backwards, massive pain going through her stomach.

"ON THE GROUND NOW!", voices suddenly yelled and the man turned to see five other officers running inside, their guns all aimed towards him. He surrendered immediately and one of the officers walked over to Yaz who now laid unconscious on the floor, checking her pulse. He sighed deep in relief when he felt it and turned to the other officers.

"Call 999 he yelled and they did. It felt like forever before the paramedics arrived and took Yaz into an ambulance. The other officer drove with her to the hospital, knowing who would take her in. Once they reached it, the colleague running with the paramedics as they drove Yaz inside, a nurse on top of her to hold the wound.

"Hello Grace", Jane said as she walked over to her friend by the reception. Grace smiled and stood from her seat to see her friend properly.

"Hey love, how are ya?", she asked with a smile and Jane was about to answer when the doors to the back ally bursted open and they both turned to see a familiar face running inside.

"Nan!", the other officer, Ryan, immediately yelled after Grace when he saw her and Jane and the blonde doctor immediately recognised the patient on the bed.

"Oh no", she whispered before running over to the nurses who ran in with her, Grace right behind them.

"What happened?", she asked as she got closer, and her fears came true. She had prayed she had spotted wrong but no.

"A robber shot her", Ryan said making Jane freeze for a moment before turning to Yaz' stomach, seeing the blood.

"Let's go people", she said and they all ran down the hallway leaving Ryan and Grace alone, Grace looking down at her grandson's blood-filled hands.

"Come on Yaz", Jane whispered as they reached the OR, getting ready for surgery. They needed to remove the bullet and stop the bleeding before she lost too much blood. Jane wouldn't be able to handle that.

"Don't give up on me", she whispered as she stepped up to her friend's body and examined it quickly before clearing her throat.

"It's a beautiful day to save lives", she said before getting started.

"Jane!", Ryan called out his nan's friend and colleague and the woman turned around from the reception to see Ryan and a girl walking towards her.

"Ryan! Nice seeing you as always. Grace is in the cafeteria, getting our lunch", she said and Ryan nodded before turning to his own colleague.