Day 7 - First Time Saying "I Love You"

"Are you sure about this?", the doctor asked as she and Yaz walked towards Yaz' home, hand in hand.

"'Corse I am. Besides. I don't think my mum has anything against you. She hasn't talked about anything since you helped out with the spiders at her hotel", Yaz explained and the doctor sighed and nodded, squeezing Yaz' hand a little tighter. Yaz smiled and leaned, kissing her cheek softly.

"Don't worry. She'll love you", she said and the doctor nodded. They walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence. Once they reached the flat they walked in and they could already hear the family by the table.

"Hey everyone", Yaz greeted them as they walked in and Najia was the first to stand from her seat.

"Hello love"

Yaz smiled at her mother as she let go of the doctor's hand and hugged her mother tight. That left the doctor to stand awkwardly behind Yaz and looking anywhere else but the eyes of her girlfriend's father.

"Come on doctor. Not gonna let you go that easy", Harim said as he stood from his seat and held out his arms. He walked over and brought his arms around the doctor making said doctor smile awkwardly as she hugged him back even more awkward than the smile.

She turned to Najia who hugged her as well the moment her husband was finished. The doctor felt the warmth of a mother in the hug and she couldn't help herself but feel home in the woman's arms. She met Yaz's eyes as they hugged and the younger girl smiled at her girlfriend, happy that her family accepts her.

"Yaz do you think I can take Ryan to my prom next month?", Sonya asked the moment they sat down, the doctor next to Yaz and her mother while Harim sat in between his two daughters. Yaz furrowed her eyebrows with a smile as she took the bottle of water and filled up the doctor's glass.

"Ryan? Really? I don't know. You could ask him", she said receiving a soft smile from the doctor as a thank you and poured water into her own glass.

"I just don't think he's interested ya know?"

"Why wouldn't he be? You're a beautiful girl Sonya", the doctor suddenly spoke up, before taking a sip of her water and Sonya smiled wide while the others looked at the doctor. Yaz frowned while Najia gave her a soft smile. She loved how easily the doctor said those words. Like they couldn't be more true.

She knew the woman was wired the moment she met her at the hotel but she could see how much Yaz cared about her and vice versa, no matter how much the doctor tried to hide it in the beginning.

"Told you", Sonya said turning to Yaz who rolled her eyes at her sister before taking a sip of her own water. Najia rolled her own eyes as well and eyed her youngest with stern eyes before turning to the doctor.

"I think what Sonya meant was thank you doctor, you're very kind", she said making the doctor smile.

"No worries. The it's only fitting when she's Yaz's sister. Yaz is amazing so I couldn't imagine why her sister wouldn't be"

The comment made Yaz blush and she could feel her mother's eyes on her.

"You certainly know how to make women smile doctor", Harim couldn't help but comment and that made the doctor smile.

"Thanks, people tell me that", she said eyeing Yaz with a look making the girl blush even harder.

"Now now, tell me about your adventures", Najia said and the doctor started coming up with adventures she had Yaz had practiced to tell her.

————————————————

"I like your family Yaz, I must say. Your mum really knows how to make someone feel comfortable", the doctor said as she and Yaz walked inside Yaz' bedroom and the girl gave a soft smile as she sat down in her bed.

The doctor followed her down and sat up against the wall, Yaz leaning her head on her shoulder as the doctor placed her arm around her shoulders, her hand landing on her arm.

"I know. But that's only because she knows how much you mean to me and how close we actually are. Normally she's really protective of me", she said making the doctor smile with a thin line.

"Yeah I certainly remember her curiosity at the hotel"

Yaz let out a soft laugh before turning her head and meeting the doctor's eyes. "Did you... did you feel... something... back then?", she asked with hesitation in her voice and eyes and the doctor could only sigh, taking Yaz' hand into her own.

"I did. Despite telling myself I shouldn't", she said and Yaz furrowed her eyebrows at the comment, feeling a little hurt.

"You shouldn't?", she asked and the doctor could see the sadness in her eyes.

"I'm over two thousand years old Yaz. I've been through more than you can even begin to imagine. I've met so many amazing people.

I've fallen in love with so many, married a few of them as well. Had kids. There's a curse about being a timelord Yaz. I lose everyone I meet. I eventually will. While they grow up and get old, I will just regenerate, become a new person to live on", she said and Yaz sighed, assuming there was more.

"I've said to myself multiple times I wouldn't let myself fall in love again. But I meet so many wonderful people and sometimes I just can't help myself. I couldn't stop myself from falling for Clara, not for Rose, not even for River, two of my best friend's daughter", she finished and Yaz nodded as she thought through all these women the doctor had mentioned.

She's never spoken of them before and it hurt Yaz a little that she hadn't told her anything.

"And now you. I knew I was doomed the moment you called me madam and I turned around looking into your gorgeous brown eyes", she continued as she looked away in wonder, a big smile on her face.

Yaz felt herself blush at the compliment and leaned more into the doctor's embrace. The doctor sighed and turned to Yaz who turned her head as well, their eyes meeting.

"But I couldn't be happier", she finished off and Yaz smiled, letting a tear fall down her cheek. The doctor offered a sad smile as she brought her hand to Yaz' cheek, caressing the tear away.

"I love you, Yasmin Khan", she whispered and Yaz looked at her, her throat suddenly dry.

"Doctor I-"

"It's okay. You don't have to say it back. I'm used to it anyway. It's not for everyone. I'm just kind of a lo-", she didn't get to finish as she was brought in for a deep kiss. She immediately kissed back just as deep.

She felt Yaz pulled her closer and soon she was on top of the younger girl, their heavy breathing filling the room. Yaz looked up, meeting her girlfriend's eyes and the doctor gave her an awkward smile.

"I love you too", she whispered and the doctor smiled wide and leaned down, kissing her deep once again.

"Remember the condom!", a voice suddenly yelled and they could immediately recognizance it as Sonya who was walking past the bedroom.

Yaz groaned as the kiss stopped and the doctor frowned at the comment.

"Why would we need a condom?", she asked but Yaz just shook her head.

"She's just being a pain in the ass", she said and the doctor suddenly smirked.

"Oh. I can be a pain in the ass if you'd like", she said leaning down slowly and Yaz smirked back.

"Oh"