eight » how to impress

Selene didn't mean this when she told Declan to try again but better

She looked up from her lunch.

Verona was holding out a small pink helium balloon with the word 'Will' on it.

Selene took the string the balloon was on.

Verona smiled at her before walking away.

Roman handed her a yellow 'U go' balloon, Carlos handed her a pink 'out' balloon and Ruby a white 'with' balloon and finally Declan with two balloons a yellow 'Me' and a white balloon with a question mark.

"You're ridiculous, Grey," she said, taking the final two balloons. All the balloons—as well as Declan himself—had caused quite the attention towards them in the cafeteria.

He shrugged, lifting one shoulder as he stood back. "Selene," he started.

She rolled her eyes, leaning back in her seat.

Declan started again. "Selene Calloway. Will you go on a date with me, next week Friday?"

She put a hand to her chin, stroking it as she feigned thinking about her decision as she starred at Declan, then the balloons, then his friends, then outside.

She shrugged as she turned to him with a smile. "Sure. Don't be late."

"Wait really?" he asked. "I had a plan B ready and everything."

She raised an eyebrow. "Do you want me to say no?"

"No, no, no," he said quickly. "I'll see you on Friday."

She nodded and turned back to her lunch, eating with one hand as she used the other to hold the balloons.

Declan walked away, a little bounce in his step.

»

Selene didn't know what to wear on her date with Declan.

Like two weeks prior when she went to the party, Zoë was helping her get dressed for her date.

"On our first date, he took me to a carnival. Fancy dates are for anniversaries," she had said, getting Selene dressed in a casual outfit.

She wore a black long sleeve tucked into a red jean skirt that just hit her knees, her hair was in the loose waves from when she woke up and black heeled ankle boots on her feet along with a small circle shaped purse. She had worn minimal makeup that day after foundation and concealer only having on some mascara and a sheer sparkling lip gloss. Out of all the outfits she had worn since starting this whole plan with Declan, this one felt more herself.

She stood outside of her house, waiting for Declan. She had gone down early, worried that Declan may come by too early and catch a glimpse of Zoë's car before they could hide it in the garage or Zoë herself in Selene's house.