sixteen » how to meet the parents

Eden and Selene looked up at Declan with puppy dog eyes

The former held out a small bag of sour candies, Selene standing behind her, her hands on the younger girl's shoulders.

What had once been plans to make out in his car had turned into picking up Eden from school and then into the three grocery shopping when Tatiana had sent a list as she was caught up at five-month-old Fen's doctor.

Declan leaned against the shopping cart. An army green hoodie draped over his torso, a black puffy vest on top and unzipped. Black ripped jeans clung to his long legs, and his signature chains dangled from his neck, his hair messy and almost in his eyes. He looked damn good. This was one of the things she liked about Declan; he put effort into how he looked. He had an eye for designer brands and fashion and looking good and it showed.

"That's not on the list," Declan said, his gaze bouncing between the two.

"Please," Eden begged, stretching out the word.

"Please," Selene begged, imitating Eden.

His gaze continued to bounce between the two, unfazed. Only a few seconds passed before he caved, sighing as he gestured for them to put the candy in the cart. He could never say no to them, after all, they were two of his favourite people in the world.

Eden reached for Selene's hand, the two following Declan as he picked up items from Tatiana's grocery list.

"Selene?"

The three all turned at the sound of her name being called.

Carter stood down the aisle, a basket dangling from his arm.

Selene stopped breathing. She had only agreed to come into the grocery store because she knew her parents didn't shop there--it was far too bougie and the groceries were overpriced.

Declan leaned down. "Do you know him?"

Her dad appeared from another aisle, dropping something into Carter's basket. "Selene," he said almost in shock.

Declan took a step back from her. He had seen enough of the photos on the walls of her home to recognize her dad.

This was not how she imagined Declan meeting her parents--in fact he was never supposed to meet them.

Selene found her voice. "What are you doing here?" she asked them.

"Your mom wanted to go grocery shop and she refused to step foot in any other place," Carter said.

Wait so was she--

"Selene!" her mom cried.

All of her parents glanced at Declan, looking at him from his head to his shoes and back up again.