Prolouge

Mitch's POV

I slammed the door to my room, gasping heavily. I hoped I'd never see them again. I slid down my door and onto the floor, clutching my knees to my chest tightly. I couldn't take much more of this. Every day I tried, and every day I failed. No one noticed me. And those who did hardly treated me like a person. Tears welled up in my eyes and I started crying. I had no purpose here anymore.

No one wanted me.

I crawled in my bed and something on my dresser caught my eye. I had lost the key to the attic years ago. And here it was, sitting on my dresser. I briefly wiped my eyes and went over to pick it up. Same as from when I was 7 years old.

I went to the old attic door and carefully unlocked it, only to be greeted by a huge cloud of dust. I coughed and cleared my way through the boxes of history and mystery. I looked through the huge piles, smiling back on old and happy memories.

As took my walk down memory lane, I spotted my "Choir Member of the Year" award from when I was in middle school. That was always fun. I loved to sing and perform, and my parents always said I had a great voice. Singing made me happy. I haven't been a whole lot of that lately.

I was sorting through a box of my old mementos from when I was 13 when I came across my birthday present from my uncle. It hurt to look at it. That present was exactly how I felt. Small and invisible. My mind flashed back to what had happened earlier that day. I wished it hadn't done that, because I started crying again. Hard. Like, full out sobbing. Once I finally caught my breath, I looked back at that tiny little box in my hand, and I decided. I would be what they wanted me to be.

I ran down the stairs and out to my car. I climbed in and placed my forehead at the top of the steering wheel. I didn't know if I wanted to do this. It was either that, or go back to them. I didn't know what to think anymore. I just need some time to clear my head. I turned on the ignition and headed down the road, not sure of where I was going, or if I was ever coming back.

*****

(A/N)
This is my first Scomiche fanfiction, and my first one ever, at that. I had enjoyed spending late nights reading scomiche fanfics on Wattpad, and I felt like I should give back to the fandom.

I'm not the best author in the world, but I do love comments, even if they criticize the story. I just love to see if anyone else out there loves pentatonix as much as I do!

I have no specific update schedule, but will try to post frequently. Hope you enjoy Invisible!