Chapter 8. Apologies and Back To Work Again

Harry's POV.

When I arrive at Jade and Perrie's house, I see Perrie, wrapped in a towel, holding Jade, who's laying on the floor. She looks cute, in her Minnie Mouse sweater, considering the fact she's unconscious. Perrie looks up, tears stained on her cheeks.

'Oh, Harry.' she sighs.

'Do you know what happened?' I ask, while kneeling down beside her.

'No, I was just about to step into the shower, when I heard her scream. And then, when I was downstairs, I saw a car driving away.' she repeats what she told me on the phone.

'What kind of car?' I ask.

'Does that make any difference right now?' she asks annoyed, 'Look, we need to focus on Jade now. There's time to find out who did this, and why, after we checked on Jade.' she says.

'She's just unconscious, that's all.' I say.

'How do you know she isn't dead?' she snaps.

'You think she's dead?' I ask, almost laughing. It's obviously Jade's alive. She's still breathing.

'Well... No...' she mumbles, ashamed, I guess.

'I'll lay her on the couch, I think you need to dress up.' I chuckle. She looks down and blushes.

'Great idea.' she says, and hurries upstairs. I lay Jade down and sit beside her. I watch her face, and think of a way this could happen. Maybe it was our fault. We probably brought them in danger, now that we're hanging out with them. Maybe some even think we're dating. And that while all of this is fake. All because of Zayn. I decide I should call him and get him come over. We should talk about his "great idea".

Zayn's POV.

I'm just reading all my text messages when I receive an incoming call from Harry. I pick up.

'Yo.'

"Yes Zayn, is this you? We have to talk." He says, his tone serious.

'About what?' I ask.

"It doesn't matter. Just come over to Jade and Perrie's apartment." He instructs and hangs up. Well, if I have to... Pff... I think Perrie's mad at me, because I probably let her sit alone in Starbucks for an hour. I didn't mean to, but something came in between. That wasn't my fault. I know I can't tell her that, because she'll ask what came between in, and I really can't tell her that. Of course I can't.

I quickly drive to their home and ring the bell. Harry opens the door.

'Hey mate, come in and look what happened.' He says.

'What?' I ask. By the sound of my voice, Perrie reacts.

'Oh my gosh, you invited him?!' She yells, 'Get out, now!'

Okay, this was like expected. Harry rolls his eyes and moves his head towards the couch.

'Look Perrie, I'm so...' I start apologizing, but she interrupts.

'Safe it.' She says, still angry. Her eyes are swollen en red from tears. Did I do that?

I enter their small living room and see the whole situation. Jade's laying unconscious on the couch and Perrie sits down beside her.

'What happened?' I ask.

'None of your business.' Perrie snaps.

'Someone hit her hard, or something and then drove away in a car.' Harry explains.