Train acquaintances

Information: A rendez-vous in a train bathroom.

Warnings: none

Disclaimer: This story is based on the dutch trainsystem, as I haven't got any clue how trains work in england.

Andy's POV:

As soon as I stepped out the door, and saw my breath form into smoke in an instant, I knew that this was going to be a long day. I'd always had a preference for aesthetics over functionality, hence why I was battling the cold only wearing a long sleeve and a leather jacket. I squeezed my arms around my chest, clutching my guitar on my back, as I walked towards the train station. I was fortunate enough to live close to the train station, it was only a 2 minute walk. So I put on my bravest face, and walked as quickly as I could in the direction of the train station. As I arrived, I purchased a ticket, and the train arrived just as I walked onto the platform.

I walked into the train, installing myself in a double booth, placing my guitar next to me. I put in my earphones, , as I wrote down random phrases and sentences that came to me. This was how I'd written my first 4 songs, which I was going to perform for a music manager today. Performing was second nature to me, I really enjoyed it, and therefore, felt not a single nerve in my body.

Time passed as I looked out the window, I still had 48 minutes to go before I arrived in Brighton, which means I was well over halfway, sweet! I looked outside, letting myself get in a trance while hearing the sweet melodies of Casey Abrams in my head. A click could be heard, and a robotic voice could be heard over the intercom. 'Dear passengers, next stop will be Salfords. Don't forget to take your personal belongings with you as you leave the train. '

As the train left station Salfords, We were inching closer and closer to my destination, and the nerves I had not had before, had after all decided to show up. I was nervously bouncing my leg up and down, and decided I needed to move. I wanted to just stretch my legs, shake out the nerves, and steady my breathing.

I'd managed to catch the attention of the young mother, and her little toddler. I asked her to look after my belongings, as I'd be gone, and I really couldn't afford my guitar being stolen. She agreed, and thankfully, I nodded, as I started to walk towards the front of the train.

I wobbled through the train, passing the booths, as I focused solely on my breathing, and making sure I didn't fall over. The first few carriages I walked through were relatively busy, but as I kept walking, the carriages seemed to be getting more empty. I took my phone out of my pocket, and saw that I only had 20 minutes left. As I'd just decided to walk back to my spot, I saw a green sign incorporated into the wall of the little hall between the carriages where people sates signifying that the toilet was free.  I'd just go to the toilet, fix my hair, give myself a little peptalk, and walk back, so I'd have enough time to sit down for the last couple minutes. I opened the door, immediately overwhelmed by the loud sounds the metal on the rails made. Other than that, the toilet seemed to be surprisingly clean, I thought, to my relief. I closed the door behind me, and started correcting my hair in the places it needed correction. There was a surprising amount of fluff on my long sleeve and black jeans, and just as I'd started to pick the pieces off, I heard what sounded like a knock. I couldn't be too sure however, because the loud sounds all around me were deafening enough.

But then again, I heard a knock, a little bit louder this time. I heard another sound on the other side of the door.

'Open up.' A low voice hissed, impatiently knocking on the door again.

'Uh, excuse me, there must be another available toilet around here, this one is occupied.' I said, feeling indignant. There were like, what, 10 other toilets on this train, why did he have to have mine?