Chapter 10: Into the Future.

At Clockwork's Tower, Dan was looking all over the lair, searching for the Reality Gem of Time. Dan knows that since Clockwork is the Master of Time, then obviously, he has possession of that particular gem. Dan puts his hands on Clockwork's staff, observing it. He then noticed that the time button on top of the clock can be unscrewed. Dan unscrews the time button. He then proceeds to open the clock on the staff itself, and inside was the gem he was looking for; the Reality Gem of Time. It was a green circular sapphire. Unlike the Gems of Life, Form, Fantasy and the Power Source, the Gem of Time was smaller. Dan grabbed the gem and looked at it, amazed by it. Dan then grinned at the nearby Fenton Thermos that was imprisoning Clockwork.

"I'm not even surprise you would have the Gem of Time, Clockwork. Can't believe anyone here in the Ghost Zone is blind enough to see the connections between you and the gem." Dan said with a grin.

Dan then see the slot where the gem is to be assembled, at the hand area of the gauntlet, near the starting point for the fingers. Dan places the Gem of Time on that slot of the gauntlet and immediately felt the power surge from the gauntlet.

"That's more like it." Dan grinned. "Well, Clockwork, it appears that you're not the only ghost that can control time." Dan said.

"And I should remind you what happen last time when you talked about time." Danny said as he, Dani, Sam, Tucker, and Valerie arrived at the lair. "Where's Clockwork?"

"And hand over the gauntlet and the gems?" Valerie said while in battle stance.

"You really think I'm gonna hand over my weapon? Please, Valerie. And as for your question, Danny. Clockwork is where he belongs." Dan said as he holds the thermos.

"You're not gonna get away with this." Sam said.

"Oh, but I believe I can, and I will." Dan said as he raises his gauntlet.

Sam and Tucker suddenly gets a chill running down their spine when they noticed that the Universal Gauntlet now has the Gem of Time. Dan now has possession of one of the two missing gems and the fifth of the Reality Gems. Danny, Dani and Valerie remain calm.

"I believe Clockwork is no longer the only Ghost of the Ghost Zone to control time." Dan said as he points as the group.

Dan's gauntlet then glow green from the power of the Gem of Time. Before Dan can swing his gauntlet to pause time on Sam, Valerie and Tucker, he was suddenly struck by the Team Phantom vibranium shield that was thrown by no other than Steve, as he lands at the lair and calls back the shield.

"You know the last time I was taught about the Ghost Zone and Clockwork from a very special someone, we both agree that time can play a factor on how things can change for someone or for the whole world, and trust me, I know a thing or two about time." Steve said.

Dan looked to see his attacker and was surprised to see that it was Captain Steve Rogers. He grinned before getting up.

"Why, Captain Steve Rogers. I never expected you to be here. Doesn't matter, you are a man out of time. You think you can beat me? I don't you ask the Steve Rogers of my timeline and see how that turned out?" Dan said with a evil grin.

Steve was surprise to hear about his alternate self's fate in Dan's timeline, but remain calm. Dan noticed this and three duplicates of himself appear.

"I'm gonna enjoy beating all of you, and Cap, let's see how long you can last against me in this timeline." Dan said.

The real Dan and the duplicates attacked Danny, Dani, Steve, and Valerie.

The Dan duplicate that went after Steve tried to strike Steve with his fist, but Steve lifted his shield preparing to block the blow. The duplicate made his fist intangible to go through the shield, but it instead stuck the shield, thanks to the special coating on it.