The Beginning: Chapter 1

"Let's Talk 'bout War"
She came back! I know she's here, her presence isn't new to me anymore. 7 years of encounter is enough to remember all her tactics of approach.
I gasp and my eyes fly open,I stared straight in her eyes. Grandmother!Nona! Her cold stare sent shivers down my spine,her ghastly pale face looked paler than ever and she appeared to look white. Her eyes are sunken deep inside her skull,her grey hair flew around,causing her to look more like  Medusa. Unfortunately her hair isn't snake like. She isn't smiling which means something is wrong.
Did I mention I am lying face up,which means Nona's suspended on top of me. Did I also mention my Nona's a spirit,she died thirteen years ago.
I blink twice and in a jiffy she isn't facing me. I sit up right and stretch to my hearts content. I yawn a lazy girls yawn.
"Mawnin Nona! Missed ya so much," I say excitedly, she sat on the rocking chair at the farthest corner of my gorgeous room.
"Mornin' Nadia. How are you? I missed you to."she replies in a rasp tone. I strain my poor ears to hear.
" It feels like I didn't have a goodnight sleep you know,I am hundred percent sure I didn't take a nap. If you know what I mean." I say.
"What's wrong?"
I frown and remember all the project I have to complete before Friday. Sucker for pain!
"I have some projects due Friday that are not yet completed - what's today?".
"Wednesday."
"Really?!"
I hurry out of bed.
I have classes this morning and a date with my hot model boyfriend this evening.
"What are your plans for today?" Nona ask and I shrug.
I open my walk in closet and get out a stone washed jeans and a baby blue top.
What to put on my feet?
"Flats? Sneakers? Wedges? Defiantly not heels, right?" I ask hurriedly.
What's the time?
"A date? Sneakers will go on that."
Yay grams!
"I have classes this mornin' and a date later in the evening."
I turn around to face her. I freeze on the spot,she gives me goosebumps.
I gulp.
"A date? With who?" she ask warmly. I take a slow step backwards and give her a fake smile.
"Some guy." I mumble,she raise her scanty brows up.
The uncertain look.
"Some guy huh? Doesn't this guy have a name?" she ask.
I stick out my tongue.
"Marco. I have a lot to tell you," I say.
She floats away and I sigh warmly.
"There sure is a lot to talk 'bout." She said
"Ya. You left for like seven months and you didn't even bother sending a letter."
She gave me the what-the-fuck look. Dead people don't send letters.
"We need to talk." Nona said
"ASAP?" I ask
"Yes!"
I roll my pretty eyes.
Bleh!
"Dining table immediately!"
"Ya!Ya!"
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱
Hey! Please note that this is half of the first chapter. It was kinda long ,so I had to shorten it. Please stay tuned for the other half of this beautiful book.
I hope you enjoyed it?
I love everything 'bout this book. You don't know what's ahead.