The Begining: Chapter 5

"M.U.M"
My phone rang for the fourth time.Who is calling?
Mum I guess!
I swear I don't want to answer her, 'cause she'll definitely ask 'bout the twins and i'll have to tell a lie and I just don't want to.
I sit up on my bed and watch the phone vibrate.
It's a Thursday evening and the time read eight twenty - seven pm.
Mum called earlier,but I didn't return her call.
"Sis! Have you seen my -"
I stare at Dior as she barges into my room,her eyes fall on me, then on my vibrating phone.
"Who's calling?"she ask.
I breath in,then out.
"Mum." I reply.
Her eyes widen in shock from my reply.
"You don't say?!"she replied and hurries over to my bed.
She sits opposite me and frowns.
"How long has she been calling?" Dior ask.
"Well...she called thrice in the morning and this is the fourth time she's calling this evening." I reply.
Dior gasp.
"What? Wait...why don't you wanna call her back? She's gonna be worried sick. Hel-lo!"she said.
"I'll have to explain to her why you and Ross are home." I say.
"But you have to. If she finds out later we'll be in a big mess."
"You're not considering the fact she is pregnant and shock is a no - no for her."
"She is a brave woman,she is concerned 'bout us."
I sigh.
I look at the phone ,then at Dior.
She gave me the go ahead look.

"Hey mum!" I greet in a cherry tone.
Where did that come from?
"Nadia! Why didn't you call me back? Do you know how many times I called? You had me worried sick young lady!" Mum exclaimed.
"Am sorry mum," I say as I bit my lower lip.
"Whatever! Have siblings called from school ?"
Bombshell question!
I throw Dior a death look.
Now what?!
She motioned me to tell her.
I breath in.
"Umm...mum, there's something I need to say - they are home."
I grab the bed sheet underneath me,I squeezed it in fear.
Silence.
I could hear mum breath in and out.
"Really? How? When? Why?"she asked in a calm manner.
Something tells me she wanted to flare up,but she cooled down, 'cause of the baby.
"Yes mum,they teleported home. I came back home and found them in the kitchen,on Wednesday! Yesterday!"
Silence.
"But why?"she ask.
"Hey mama! Marion here." Dior said, her voice sounding frantic.
"Marion! You're really home? Why? What happened?"
"Cool down mama,you don't wanna stress yourself and the child."
I gave Dior the 'WHAT-THE-HELL' look.
"What do you mean?"mum ask in shock.
"There's no need to pretend mama,we know you're pregnant. Is it a boy or a girl?"she ask.
Dior knew how to stir a conversation, she always had a trick up her sleeve.
The two talked 'bout the unborn child for a while,mum hid the gender from Dior and Dior kept the discussion under control.
"So why are you back?" Mum asked. Dior rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue at me.
"Mum,the school isn't a school for us. The school's to high class and all. Murray and I hate the method of teaching and we noticed someone's been following us."
Mum gasped.
"Ohhh!"she said.
"It's ok mum, we're home and home's safer," Dior said .
"Ok! Ok! Ok! I have to go now,I'll call y'all soon - Nadia! Stay close to your phone. Tell my prince charming to stay away from danger . Nadia turn on the security system always. The three of you should be good. I love y'all,good night my babies."
"Goodnight mum."

End of chapter 5. Hope y'all loved this. Am dedicating this chapter to my mum,cause I love her. The importance of motherhood. Live you mum.
#nadia #marion #murray
Recommend.
Vote.
Comment positively.
Read.