The Beginning: Chapter 2

"Unannounced Visit"
We all sat at the dining table. Nona sat at the head of the table,Dior and I sat at her left hand side,Ross sat at her left. Nona looked dead serious, worse than this morning.
The room felt cold and I could hear Dior breathing besides me. She kept biting her nails,a very dirty habit of hers.
I quickly take my eyes of her and look at Nona,to stop myself from yelling at her.
"Hell's hot," Ross said,resting his hands on the oak table. He had taken off his contact lens,reveling his navy blue eyes. He stared at me and winked. Idiot!
I immediately remember I and Nona's little meeting early this morning. Her look this evening is worse than earlier.
"I am glad you know," she said
Her facial expression relaxed.
"In my dreams Nona, I feel the hotness of hell. I feel it deep within me,surprisingly. I hardly sleep well and I swear I hear Lucifer speak in an unclear and unfamiliar accent and language to people and other times a person."
He suddenly looked shaken and scared like shit. He stared at his palms, maybe searching for answers.
I remember the time he saved me from getting pushed into the pool back in highschool. I was so close to getting been shoved into the pool.
Ross said my butt a lot. His abilities pressured him and took part of his strength,sometimes he thought and acted like he were in another world and there are times he would just zone out and come back in the next three hours. Precognition is one scary ability.
He scared us at times.
"Nona there was a strange new force I felt around me back at the boarding school,which is one of the main reasons I bailed out. It feels like something or someone is trying to summon me. A higher authority and sometimes my soul flees from my body. But,come to think of it,in my last dream I saw seven bright orbs,they were decorated beautifully and held by cloaked figures. When the orbs are in contact ,they produce a blinding light ,so bright it could destroy anything and take away darkness." He said,his eyes focused on me.
There's a long awkward silence,which meant no one knew the interpretation of he dream.
"Your mum's pregnant." Nona announced
What?!
Ross, Dior and I look at Nona in shock.
"What?!" We all chorused.
NoWayHose!
"Yes. I visited her immediately after I came to see Nadia," Nona explains
"Why didn't we notice?" Ross asked
Dior and I bursted out in laughter.
"What do you know?" Dior asked
"Psssh. Who doesn't know 'bout the bump and all?" Ross ask and sneered.
"So that's why they told us they were going on a so called business trip," I ask.
Very very funny.
"Your father's the real attender of the conference and your mum's in the hospital, hail and hearty." Nona said,she had a warm smile on her face. Finally.
"So are umm...are we meant to be happy?" Dior ask,we all gave her this kinda weird look. Who doesn't get happy over such news? Idiot!
"Is it a good sign or a bad sign?" Dior added.
My mum's in her early forties,surprisingly. I thought she gave up.
"Good sign."
"Yay! Baby Dolce in the house! 'Cause the baby's gonna be a girl!' Dior said bouncing on her chair.
I look at Ross,he had a big frown on his face.
"Hell no! The baby's gonna be a boy." Ross said
"Boy? Now way!"
"Girl? Why?"
"Duh! Girls like rule the friggin' world,"
"Don't be such a dweeb shitface."
"Really?!"
They both got up.
I look at Nona,she had her eyes fixed on the twins.
"To the issue at hand!" She said in a stern tone.
The twins look at her and settle down.
Dior, Ross and I were born fighters. We were born to fight against evil and save lives,no one had such an opportunity to witness war.
A silent war that would hold unnoticed by the humans - I guess. It is said that war is a tough and calculated game,it isn't for the weak hearted. Our war is meant to be won.
"You three are not - prepared and I am really worried and you all have a lot of training to do before you are been summoned to the temple." Nona sighed reluctantly and got up.
Temple? What temple?
"The temple stands hidden on top of Mount Everest. The holy mountain of Lord Izra, that is were the real training will take place. All your father and I are trying to do is to help the three of you. We know what we faced when we were upcoming guardians like you trio. The elders will physically,mentally, emotionally and spiritually break you and mold you. They will make it a repeated process,until they are satisfied. They will never change the routine of training, it will live on forever." Nona explained as she looked out the kitchen window.
Break and mold?
Repeated process?
Shit!
"What do they think we are?" Ross asked in shock.
"Guardians of the human race and ours. Warriors of the human race and ours. Defenders of Earth and Heaven. Protectors of the Holy Key. That's what they think you are."
No shit!
The key of immortality, it is kept out of hands reach and also sight. Nona told us a long time ago,it was buried underneath the temple,but unfortunately it was dug out by Lucifer. Lucifer is Lord Izra's creation and over night he became a god. The remains of it is guarded by the Great Mytica. A trusted and spiritual being ,it cannot be seen by any one,the Mytica never sleeps or eat or does anything like we do. It just guards. No one knows apart from the elders if it is an animal or if it's in a human making.
"That means we are gonna start practice - again right?" Dior asked.
"Yes." Nona replied and Ross smiled.
"That means no school right?"they both ask,smiles on there pathetic looking faces.
"No!" Nona turned around to face us, a look of shock plastered on her face.
I chuckle.
"You will continue your education,but you will resume your old school." She said and the twins cheered.
Joy is writing all over their faces. Maybe boarding school's a bitch after all.
"Wait - what of our current school?" Ross asked
"That's for you parents to decide."
🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
Hey y'all! Chapter 2 has been published. I hope y'all enjoyed the whole story.
Vote. Recommend. Leave positive comments and Read on.