Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Light The Way

A beam of light seemed to show through a crack in the wall and there were several objects lying around the room. At the end of the room was a strange door that had a single hole in the center. Emlyn curiously set up a box object in front of the beam and the light bounced off and pointed the beam in another direction.

"I think we have to get the beam of light into the hole in the door." Stella walked across the room careful not to touch the beam afraid it might burn her. She placed a vase up and the beam pointed off again somewhere. It seemed to depend on what object you used, and how you set it.

It could take hours to figure this out in all honesty, and Emlyn knew they didn't have that much time. She began testing objects and setting them up randomly. The beam still refused to point at the door and Emlyn had about had it with Camilla.

She focused on the beam wishing it would just hit the damn hole in the door already, and suddenly it did. The objects aligned properly and the light hit the door opening it to reveal the other side.

The other side was a cavern like room which had 3 large rocks. The rocks rose up from the ground and the tops had been carved to be flat. Emlyn looked over the edge and then looked back at Stella. "How are we supposed to make it, it's so far away. We could literally fall to our deaths."

"Then we will just have to hope for the best." Stella came running and dove through the air as she landed carefully on the first stone. She looked back at Emlyn and smiled at her, "You can do it!"

Emlyn took a few steps back, so she was a decent length away and began running. She ran as fast as she could and once, she was on the edge she took a bounding leap and sailed through the air. She wasn't as skilled as Stella and landed on her face on the stone but at least she made it.

Stella turned and dove for the next one and landed. "Alright come on you can do it." Stella said continuing to encourage her friend. Emlyn was about to go for it when the cavern shook violently and several rocks and spikey ones at that began raining down every time she tried to jump.

"How am I supposed to get across when all these rocks keep falling every time I try?" Emlyn asked Stella with fear in her voice and Stella knew she had to remain strong for her friend.

"Emlyn, it's Camilla she's trying to stop you and take you down. You have to be stronger than her, show her she can't take you down." Emlyn smiled at Stella and dove off the rock, and right as she did a rock came crashing down towards her.

But instead of letting it destroy her she turned around in midair and side passed it and the landed on it and dove off quickly onto the rock next to Stella.

"You did it, I'm so proud of you." Stella hugged her friend tightly and Emlyn smiled at her hugging back.

Their victory was short lived though because the third pedestal rock crumbled away. "You've got to be kidding me." Emlyn opened up her arms and imagined a bridge to the other side and it appeared. Her power was becoming easier to control and use to her benefit.

They crossed onto the other side and stepped into the next room, ready to take down Camilla no matter what she did.