"i'm your lock screen?" "you weren't supposed to see that"

"I'm really starting to regret giving you that," Albus sighed, as Scorpius continued to give his new Christmas gift his undivided attention.

"It's too late to take it back," Scorpius said, still distracted. "Did you know you can check the weather on this? How convenient is that?"

"Scorpius, it's a cell phone. You can do anything on it. That's why muggles are so obsessed with them. Well, muggles and you."

Scorpius nodded in agreement, and Albus rolled his eyes. He'd only gotten Scorpius the cell phone after the whole fiasco with Delphi because it was a much quicker method of contact than letters, and although he would never admit it, he tended to panic when Scorpius didn't write back within a few days. Plus, Scorpius had been fascinated by technology since he'd taken that ridiculous muggle studies course.

"You haven't even unpacked yet," Albus flopped down on his bed, gesturing to Scorpius's sealed trunk.

"I will," Scorpius said. "Hey, look at this. I thought muggles didn't have moving photos."

"Scorpius, that's a video."

"Woah," Scorpius said, looking fascinated. "A video."

Albus knew quite a bit about cell phones. His father had insisted he and his siblings keep one on hand, because as usual, he was overprotective. Albus supposed he had given his parents a reason to be, considering he had almost destroyed the world with a time-turner.

"Stop ignoring me," Albus moaned, bored out of his mind.

"How am I ignoring you?" Scorpius raised a brow.

"You are. Indirectly."

"That doesn't even make sense," Scorpius retorted. "I'm simply educating myself on muggle technology."

"Educating yourself? By playing Angry Birds?"

"I - I'm learning about birds. And about... well, whatever these green things are supposed to be."

Albus scoffed. He reached over to where Scorpius was seated and snatched the phone out of his hands.

"Hey!" Scorpius yelped. "You could have just asked for a turn!"

"I don't want to play." Albus leaned back against the headboard of the bed. "I want you to pay attention to me."

Scorpius raised a brow, and he immediately realized how needy that had sounded.

Albus pressed the home button to get rid of what felt like the hundred apps that Scorpius had opened, but he froze immediately when he saw the wallpaper.

"I'm your lock screen?" Albus gaped at the screen. It was a picture out of the many he'd taken on the device when Scorpius had finally put it down for a minute.

"You weren't supposed to see that," Scorpius mumbled, cheeks pink, as he tried to reach for the phone.

Grinning widely, Albus held it up higher. "Why am I your lock screen, Scorpius? Huh?"

"Shut up," Scorpius was blushing furiously, and at this point, he was nearly on top of Albus as he tried to reach for the phone.

"Most people have celebrities as their lock screen," Albus continued.

"You're kind of a celebrity," Scorpius said quietly, hovering above him, one hand propping himself up and the other outreached.

"Enlighten me," Albus teased. "I'm curious."

"You looked nice in that picture," Scorpius sighed, giving up. He seemed to realize their close proximity, but surprisingly, he didn't move away.

"Just that one?"

"Well, you looked nice in all of them. It was kind of hard picking one," Scorpius said, refusing to meet his eyes.

Albus grinned, and Scorpius took advantage of his momentary delight to grab the phone back.

"Nice to know," Albus said, lifting himself up on his elbows.

Scorpius gave him an embarrassed sort of grin, and threw a pillow at him.

———

i honestly didn't know how to make this prompt work bc cell phones?? but i'm kinda happy with how it turned out :')

- gxldensnitched <3