Chapter 39

Lily's POV

Two days have passed and I'm here at One Direction's mansion on Zayn's bed, staring at the ceiling. The boys aren't here yet. Zayn and I decided to have a serious talk about Harry that's why we're here, to talk privately. I'm upset that Harry doesn't talk to me anymore... Because I acted all bitchy to him again for punching Kevin. I want to approach him, but I'm afraid he would reject me. This past few days, I have been stressed emotionally and physically. I remember what happened the other day about Kevin's confession:

*

I was sitting alone on the field bench, remembering our moments with Harry in this place; the day he helped me catch up in my Literature class, the day we were playing with the kids, and his confession under the rain. My thoughts were disturbed when Kevin sat beside me.

"I was wondering where you were." He spoke, looking down to me because of his height.

"I needed some air. By the way, sorry about Harry punching you." I apologize.

"Its okay. Its my fault for kissing you. Sorry about that, I can't control my feelings." He chuckled. I look at him, realizing what my friends were telling me is true. "Your feelings?" I asks the stupidest question.

"Yeah. Look Lily, I like you. I don't know if you notice but I really do like you. I'm afraid if I tell you this, everything will change, which I hope not since I just admitted it to you." He embarrassedly smile. I don't want to reject anybody, because rejection hurts. But I only look at Kevin as my friend, nothing more than what he feels towards me. Yes, he is one of the heartthrobs here at school which means many girls are dying to be in my place, but I don't feel anything not like what I feel towards Harry.

"Nothing will change. Our friendship will not end just because of your confession, silly. But... I don't feel the same towards you. Kevin, you're like one of my bestfriends which I am thankful for, but I'm sorry I can't feel the same." I mean every word. I feel bad for him because who knows, maybe I'm the first one who rejected Kevin.

"I understand. I can see the same feeling in Harry's eyes and in your's too. I just hope this won't change anything. The way we talk, act, the stupid moments will never change." He smiled. I thank him for being so understanding, hugging him tight before apologizing again.

*

Zayn entered his room with two cans of soda in his hands, handling one to me. I thank him as I sit up straight, him sitting beside me.

"I don't know how to approach Harry. I'm scared that he might reject me or something." I admitted.

"No offense but I think Harry can actually do that, he can reject you and hurt you again. Lily, if he really does like you, he won't endure the pain that I see in you. He won't endure not to talk to you for even a day, not to be beside you, and not hanging out with you. But he looks like he doesn't even care anymore. Its like he's fine without you." Zayn breathed out.

His words made a huge impact towards me. He's right, if Harry likes me, he'll talk to me no matter how mad he is.

"I don't know, Zayn..." I replied. He cupped my right cheek as he looks into my hazel eyes.

"Lily, I'm always here for you. I can make you happy, smile, and laugh using my stupid jokes. Why won't you give me a chance to prove to you my true feelings?" Zayn asked. Is he confessing his feelings for me? My actual boy bestfriend is confessing in front of me, in his room, cupping my cheek. Suddenly, he leans slowly as our lips were few inches away from each other. I realize Zayn is planning on kissing me in his room, my boy bestfriend. I closed my eyes because I don't know what to do since he already leans in. Should I just wait for his lips on mine? Or push him away? When he was about to pressed it on me, the door opened, revealing Niall.