Chapter 5: Another Note|Sit Here

"So Nishikata, what class do you have next? I have Mr. Kami for Language Arts in...3-C." Takagi smiles at Nishikata, who only replies with a nervous grin. Nishikata pulls out his schedule, and sees that he also has the same class as Takagi-San.

"Oh! We have the same class Nishikata! What a coincidence! Let's go, before we're going to be late!" Nishikata feels the note crumpled in his fists, and wonders why Takagi doesn't question about the note. Did she really....? Nishikata tried to think what or why Takagi did that. Was it a prank? Or is it....her true feelings...?

"Takagi-San..." his voice sounded weak since he is nervous.

Takagi turns around, and looks at Nishikata, "what is it Nishikata? Do you have something to tell me?"

Nishikata immediately regrets his decision, and his face flushes red, his tongue is tied, and doesn't know how to ask her. If this is a prank Takagi, then it's a good one...you got me this time.

"Nothing..." was all he muttered. Takagi frowns, and then quickly brightens up. She looks for something in her pocket, and pulls out a piece of paper folded up nicely with a ribbon tied around it. She hesitates, and then hands it to Nishikata, "Here, it's for you." Nishikata could of swore he saw her blush a bit. But before he could question, Takagi suddenly looks at the clock, and then says, "Okay.. lets go then? The classroom is this way, I'll race you there!" And she runs away from Nishikata, leaving him speechless. He was about to run to chase after her when suddenly a gentle tap surprised him.

"Nishikata-kun, uhm..." He turns around to see Mira nervously playing with her hair. "Do you know where 3-C is? I have my next class there...and I'm wondering where it is...and since I don't know anyone here except for you, so..."
"Uhm..."  Nishikata looks down the hallway, and remembered that Takagi ran down there so — oh! Takagi-San is waiting for me!  "It's up ahead, I also have the same class." Nishikata starts trotting down the hallway, and thinks about the note that was given to him from Takagi. What on earth could it be? Didn't she give me the other note already? Arghh this is so confusing! Girls are confusin— no, Takagi is confusing!

He hears footsteps behind him, and Mira catches up to him. "Really? That's great Nishikata-kun! I won't be lonely in that class! Mind if I walk with you?"

Nishikata looks into the innocent girl's deep brown eyes, and awkwardly smiles, then nodded. Together they walked down the hallways, talking about their thoughts about high school and stress and homework. By the time they arrived to the classroom, he sees Takagi sitting in a desk at the corner of the room, staring out the window.

Mira gently pulls Nishikata to seats in the second row, and points, "Wanna sit here Nishikata-kun?" Mira starts putting her stuff down, and pulls out Nishikata's seat. Nishikata nervously bites his lips. He wanted to tell Mira that Takagi was waiting for him over there, but...Mira looks so excited, and...there's only 1 seat next to her, since the seat next to it was taken, so Mira wouldn't be able to sit there. She doesn't know anyone here. He slowly puts down his books, and turns his head to the back of the room, only to find Takagi's eyes catching his gaze, he wanted to look away, or say sorry to her and explain, or tell Mira about Takagi, but the bell rang just in the nick of time.

Before he turns back to the teacher that just entered the room, he saw a hint of sadness in his beloved friend Takagi.

Author's Note
No hate on Mira, there's going to be plot behind her and Takagi, I wanted this story to build plot and since I'm new to writing, I'm still in the process of planning the deep plot and feels of the stories. I want this fan fiction to be successful, so bare with me through the story. The background stories are going to be good (hopefully) which will be revealed in future chapters! Till next week, amazing readers! ٩( ᐛ )و