Preschool Love

Madison's POV
I saw how the boy across the room from me gazed, his eyes flying from my dress to my hair and my eyes, and I thought he looked rather handsome. But I remembered what my father said to me before we came.

Flashback
"Now remember this, Madison, doll," My father, Thomas Jefferson, said to me as we were walking towards a gigantic house, though it seemed rather small to me compared to my house. "Don't trust anyone here, this is a Hamilton household, which means everyone here is scum. I feel sorry for that Eliza gal, I have no idea how she puts up with someone who has a list of a million things he hasn't done."

I was only half-listening. I dislike my father and his opinions.
_______________________________________
Back to the present
I was now gazing at who I assumed to be the Hamilton boy, and I could just feel it in my heart that my father was wrong about him. I just knew it. What was this strange thing that I am feeling in my stomach? I almost felt... fluttery..

I decided to ignore this strange feeling, and just gaze into those shimmering eyes. Then, he began to make his way over to me. "He's walking over to me!" I squealed internally. "What should I say? What should I do?!?" I thought, fixing my hair and trying to make myself more presentable.

I am absolutely helpless.

Then he said "Hi!" to me. I forgot my name.. "Um, Hello! Uh, you have a nice eyes! Hair! HOUSE!!!" I said, mortified.

"Um... Thanks!" He replied, with a genuine smile. I was really liking this guy, when I noticed 3 other girls there. One of them had straight, black hair and was looking friendly, but also quite similar to one who looked just like her, but with curly hair instead of straight. The curly haired one was smirking, glancing between me and the boy.

The third one however, she was watching from a distance, with a scowl on her face and a glare directed at me. I decided I didn't like this girl. "Madison, you just met her. Give her a chance, you don't want to end up acting like your father. He's a jerk!" I thought. I wasn't about to start acting like him.

"Oh, I've forgotten my manners!" The boy in front of me said with a sheepish smile. "I'm Philip. Philip Hamilton." He said, holding out his hand.

I shook it. "I'm Madison Jefferson." I replied. I was soon introduced to two of the other girls, called Mimi and Freya. But the third one didn't even walk over to us. Didn't even give us a second glance. She looked deep in thought.

Philip decided to walk over to her. He said something to her that I couldn't make out, and soon they walked over to us. "I'm Theodosia Burr." The girl said flatly. She was glaring at me and it was making me a bit uncomfortable...

No, I wasn't about to shy away. I glared back. I hadn't done anything to this girl, she had no reason to be mad at me!

"Madison Jefferson." I said, with the same blank demeanor, except, more coldly. I think everyone else noticed this game of glaring and scowls we gave to each other because they looked rather uncomfortable, coughing into their sleeves before we looked back at them.

I caught Philip's eye again, and the fluttery feeling returned. Then I looked over at Theodosia, and noticed she looked at him the same way I did.

Then, it clicked. I knew. I think Theodosia knew that I knew, because she looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. (Lol hope I didn't confuse you guys there)

"Um, let's play trains!" Freya said, with fake enthusiasm and a way-too-big grin on her face.

"Ok!" We all agreed, Theodosia and I stealing one last glare at each other before following the rest of the group.

*Le time skip*

We were pressed up against the door to Mr. Hamilton's office, listening in on our fathers' conversation.

"No, we aren't going to-" I heard my father say before a loud *CRASH* sounded from inside.

We looked through the keyhole, and Mr. Hamilton had just threw his desk across the room and AT my father! Whatever, he deserved it.

Mrs. Hamilton must have heard the crash too, and came running through the hallways, only to find us pressed up against the door. Oops. We were busted...

Mrs. Hamilton stared at us, looking rather ashamed. But she shook her head, appearing to be clearing away thoughts, and opened the door to Mr. Hamilton's office.

Philip murmured something about his father being short-tempered, and I saw Mrs. Hamilton's kind face twist into an angry expression before she shut the door on us.

We all looked at each other and decided it would be a good time to flee.

*Le time skip again*

We were all playing with Philip's building blocks, we had just built NYC out of Legos. I gazed at Philip more. He was so adorable.

I saw Mimi's eyes glancing between me, Theo, and Philip, smiling widely. "You know what? I'm hungry. I'm going to bring some snacks. Come with me, Philip. " Mimi said.

"But I don't want snacks.." Philip objected.

"Yes you do!" Mimi said, dragging him out of the room.

"Um... I need to go to the bathroom..." Said Freya, hurriedly leaving the room. This left me and Theodosia.

Theodosia and me.

We glared for a while before she finally spoke. "So you like Philip, huh?" She asked, seeming to get angrier every word she spat out.

"Um, YES!" I answered. I'm not about to be a doormat for this girl!

"Do you have a problem with that?" I asked, passive aggressively.

"Yes I do..." She said, a flicker of sadness crossing her face.

"And what's that?" I asked, ignoring it.

"I like him too..." She said, looking to be on the verge of tears..

_______________________________________
AN
Sorry to leave you guys on a somewhat cliff hanger but I had to kinda rush through this chapter for my friend. She really wanted me to post another one for some reason, even tho this story has so many mistakes and is a pile of trash. So enjoy, Solar!