Chapter 1: Saving Your Life

So.....how do I start this. Welp, I guess I'll start with what happening this morning.

"I'm done with this!" I yelled, slamming the door and leaving the house. It was raining, but I honestly didn't care. Okay, yeah my hair was gonna friz up, but it's not like that mattered to me right now. I just got in a master fight with my parents, and I decided to leave the house. I walked down the street of my neighborhood. I crossed the street to Nando's.

As I entered, the bell rung. "Hello Emily," the chef, Joe said. "I'll be with you soon."

"Thanks, take your time." I said, sitting at the diner. There were about five teenage boys sitting a couple of seats over, probably tourists. It's really rare to see a large group of people here.

They were laughing and keeping to themselves, but one of them kept looking over at me. Joe came over to me. "What would you like today?"

"Just a coke." I said.

"Are you sure? Have you eaten today?"

"No, I just.."

"Honey, you need to eat."

I took a look at the menu, even though I practically memorized it. "No thanks, really. I'm just here to relax."

"Okay, but let me know if you change your mind." Joe said, handing me a cup of coke.

I put my head in my hands. I felt the tears stream down my face. I remembered the exact words said to me. I don't know how much time had passed, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see one of those boys sitting next to me. I wiped my tears. He didn't say anything at first, but then he spoke up.

"Are you okay?" he asked, in all seriousness.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks."

His brown eyes looked into mine as I looked away. "No you're not. Do you need a hug?"

Before I could answer, I hugged him, and he hugged me back. I didn't even know him and he cared enough to see if I was okay. I cried a little. I pulled away. "Sorry I got your shirt wet."

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it." as he took some napkins and wiped it off. He took another napkin and wiped my tears. Our eyes met for a moment, where we just sat there and looked into each other's eyes. I realized what I was doing and looked away, but he played it cool. "If you don't mind me asking.....what's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I snapped. But I couldn't be rude to him, he cared enough to ask if I was okay. "I'm sorry, really. I just got into a fight at home."

He nodded, understanding. "That's understandable. Don't let it get you down because things will be better."

"I don't think so, but thanks."

He took my hand. "I promise they will. Hey, you dropped your smile."

I looked down, then caught on. I smiled.

"There it is." he smiled.

Joe put the check on the counter, and I reached into my pocket to get my money. But the boy pulled money out of his pocket, and put it on the counter.

"I got it." I said.

"No, it's okay. I'll take care of it."

A blond haired, blue eyed boy walked up with a smile on his face. "Liam, it's time to go." he said. I realized he had an Irish accent, unlike the boy's British accent. "Hi! I'm Niall." he said, shaking my hand.

"I'm Emily." I said.

"Well it's about time you told me your name." Liam smiled. "I'm Liam." he said, shaking my hand. I smiled.