Chap 4

"Okay. Okay. I may sound like a psycho but I'm just messing around with you. I will never do that! For god sake!" You said. He looks a little calm after that. You know he's going to think you're a mad girl. Hundred percent sure.

"So, I know bout you and Zach. You guys like each other, am I right? If this is true.... " He looked at you but he seems unsure. "That's right. We almost date each other but friend before boyfriend. I feel bad seeing Zach ended up with her. I just don't see that they're really happy with each other...." Jonah is the first one to know bout it. You don't tell your mum because your mum still thought Karlie is your best friend."That's sounds awful. But, if they broke up, would you date him?"

"No. I rather find someone else."

"I know you still like Zach. I can see it. I know you hide your feelings and you're actually broken after he's with her." You sip the wine and hold back your tears.

You don't want him to see you cry. But you can't. You tears start to fall. Drop by drop. He comes closer and wipe your tears with his hand. You can feel the warm of his touch.

"I shouldn't asked that. I already feel guilty seeing you cry. It hurts to see you like this." He sounds concerned. You can look in his eyes and he's sincere bout that. This is a completely a different version of Jonah.

He's being a real gentleman tonight. "It's fine. I'm lucky to have you in my life even though I have been  suffering while dealing with you. But, you're actually a nice person." He tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. He even hand you his handkerchief to you. "Now,I know why you're acting like this."

"What do you mean?" You asked. "You play it safe by arguing with me. So that you're going to hate me and not going to fall in love with me..."

You shakes your head. Its not because of Zach that you're being afraid to fall for a guy. "Nope. It's because of what happened in my life. I never told anyone but I hope you can keep my secret."

You told him from A to Z about your personal life. He listened to you and he's not quick to judge. He even put his hand on yours just incase you're crying again."I don't blame my mum. Maybe people fall out of love when they don't feel the connection anymore. So, they want to find someone new... Or it could be something happened between them that I didn't know? I want to know why but I'm afraid I can't handle the truth. It's already heart broken seeing everything that happened during the dinner. My dad, I could see how sad he was. They have been together for 10 years."

"Alice, no one wants to fall in love or fall out of love. But, if someone is meant to stay in your life for awhile, they'll leave you.l eventually... Not early or late enough. I used to date a girl and she cheated on me in front of me. Just like what happened to your parents. I saw everything. I blame her but I blame myself even more because I'm not good enough for her. Everytime she talks bout her problem, I ignore her. I regret it but I know I should move on from everything but it always bring me back to the times everytime I see her. The pain, I can't describe but cheating usually happens when both not fully commit in the relationship.... "

You hold Jonah by hugging him." I'm sorry to hear that. I'm here. But, who's that girl?" He let out a heavy sigh."Karlie." Your eyes widen. You know she's a crazy bitch that ever existed. She changed a lot when both of you starts high school. "So, she cheated on you with Zach? That whore." He looks down the whole time while he's talking about his past. He's hurting and struggling to heal himself. Both of us still can't get over the past. It's haunting us. We just can't get rid of it....No matter how hard we try to forget it but, it's a part of the memories. It will always bring us back to the dark times.

---

"Jonah!" You smiled at him as you see him walking towards his locker. "Hey. How you're doing?"

"Good. I won't let that girl ruin my life. I'm glad Zachary's life got ruined by hers not me." Both of you share the laughter. It's the first time you heard him laugh that loud. Maybe, you're really funny. Ooops.

"Let's go now. I don't wanna be late for the first period." He said. You follow him from behind. The teacher still not arrives yet. Everyone is on their phones, only the nerds with their books. "Where's our teacher ? She usually comes earlier than us. Both of always standing outside the class because we're late." He said.

The principal walks into our class. "The class is cancel! Your teacher is currently at Dubai. Her husband's car got hit by a lorry. And miss Alice, I need to talk to you." You put back your stuff into your bag. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"It's fine. I'll go alone. Well, meet you tomorrow."You feel nervous as you make your way to the principal's room. "Have a sit. I've to tell you something... "

"What's it, sir? Did I do something wrong?"