(5) Another Ball

-6 months later-

Bucky and Ellie Kate were doing their homework at the park "Ellie Kate." he said 

"Yeah." she said 

"Um I'm suppose to tell you that there is another ball coming up and I promise you this time I won't bail on you." he said 

She smiled and said "Well it should be easier this time since you don't have yourself a girlfriend." 

"haha." he said 

She looked down and he said "What is it?

"I have to go shopping. It was a pain last time cause I had your mom and my mom picking out my dress." she said 

"But you looked beautiful." he said 

She looked over at him and said "Thanks." 

The next day she went with her mom to pick out her dress for the upcoming ball and shoes. They spent the whole day at mall trying to find a dress that they could come to a comprise on and then Miranda had to drag Ben into the argument. They finally settled on a blush pink dress that they all 3 liked. 

That night Bucky came over to her house and went into her room. "Hey" she said 

"Hey.. so you ready?' he said

"Yeah." she said as she took him downstairs to her basement. 

She slipped on her heels and she started to teach him how to dance with her. She turned on her music and showed him how to hold her. Ben came in from a meeting and heard "Stand By Me" and he said "Miranda whose playing music that loud." 

"Come here." she whispered 

They snuck down to the basement and he saw Ellie teaching Bucky how to ballroom dance with her. They went back upstairs and he said "How much do you want to bet that he was afraid to dance with her cause he didn't know how to dance with her and he didn't want to embarrass us or his parents." 

"I think so cause when I saw him dancing with his girlfriend it wasn't very long." Miranda said 

Every night for two weeks Bucky was learning how to dance with her. The night of the ball she put on her blush pink dress and shoes. She had a crown braid hair style then she sprayed some body spray on then started to walk downstairs. 

"Wow

"Wow.. Elliot Katherine you look beautiful" Bucky said as he walked over to the stairs. 

"Thank you." she said as stepped off the last stair. 

"Everybody ready." James said 

"Yes sir." Bucky said 

They got into the car and he interlaced their fingers on top of her dress and he whispered "This dress is beautiful I can definitely tell this one is more you and your sassy attitude."