Chapter 4: my logic vs my morality

The next morning I woke up without his comforting warmth. Getting up with a sigh I decide to head back to the fountain; despite what he said yesterday I intended on giving up on my wish. I couldn't go on with this lingering guilt. Maybe part of me thought he just pitied me for being so alone... He'll probably get sick of me.

Staring blankly at my reflection I toss my gold coin in, 'I wish I could undo my once selfish wish that changed my crush's fate.' I said inside my mind making sure no one was listening or heard it. And then walked away.

Holding back tears I sat on the nearest bench. Muttering to myself, "so its all over now, huh?" yet my heart yearned for him to return his affection... Mind combatting my hearts persuasion, a constant battle. The bell finally rang causing me to leap up, slap a fake confidence on and trudge on to first class.

As it turns out once you leave the popular group you are marked as a traitor and a loser. I saw him being glared and talked about harshly as I walked just behind him. This isn't right, nor is it ok. No one should ever be caused pain by another's actions... I wish the world was more accepting. I wish i had never made my stupid wish in the first place.

Sitting awkwardly in the back of class seeing Tiff near Hero and her desperate attempts of flirting with him. Things were back to they way they were, huh. However what I failed to realize at first was that he wasn't even reacting back to her; no goofball attitude just the cold shoulder.

Lessons dragged on for the rest of the school day, I avoided confrontation at all costs. Back to being that distant kid again. Back to normal...

Just a turn away from my house. There he was, stood on the porch, in all his radiant glory... But why... He had no reason to be here, right?