Chapter 5: resolutions

I froze. Paranoia taking over every inch of my body. Every step I could take could be a mistake... Or a step in the right direction. Guess I'll never really know. Hero noticed my presence and how I wasn't coming any closer, and walked over to me instead.

"So." He started "you may or may not be surprised to hear this but-"

"Why are you here...?" Both sadness and anger laced in my tone. Truthfully I hadn't understood why he came back... Until he gave an odd explanation.

"What do you want of me? To be here for you or to flat out ignore you... I don't get it. Literally two and a half weeks ago you wanted me to be with you and then go off and wish things didn't change the way they did. So what is it you want?"

"It doesn't matter, I... I was being sel-"

"And ill ask again, what do you want from me? And the truth this time... Please" he tone soft almost sympathetic.

Silence lingered in the air for a moment. Clenching and unclenching my fists as I hold back a breakdown. What is it that I wanted? I didn't even know.... All I knew was that I loved him... Loved him.... That almost sounds like a joke at this point. Every action has a consequence, so what is mine? Did my wishes even come true?

I made a decision.

"I... Want you... I love... you... Its just this guilt is unbearable... I'm not sure if I should push you away or keep you close...." On the brink of tears now...

"(Y/n) you've shown me more kindness than anyone could. My own brother acts like he hates me, I was replaced by someone that looks like me, even when I thought I found happiness it was turned around; the toxicity became emotionally unbearable... Until you came along..." Those words shattered what I had left of my composure and I cried. He held me close and whispered sweet nothings to calm me down.

Finally, when I did calm again, he pecked my forehead and handed me a poster ad. The valentine disco. I had never planned on going (not really outgoing or popular, remember...) Since if I had someone I figured we just chill out somewhere.

"So do you want to join me?" And I couldn't hold back a yes this time.

((A/n: soooo this story is almost over ^^" but I have ideas of doing maybe a second book of a different timeline... Maybe... Here is the plan layout for the ending and see in the the next chapter. Bye! ))

 Bye! ))