Chapter 10: Bottoms Up

Juliette's POV

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" The crowd got larger as Louis downed the bottle of soy sauce. In my somehow drunken state, the rest was a blur. When he was done, Louis looked exhausted, but everyone cheering for him didn't seem to notice. They raised him up on their shoulders and marched around the living room, Louis looking more tired by the second. Soon the exhaustion turned into a look of pain; extreme pain. The second I saw that look I remembered why this was a bad idea: I read somewhere that drinking a whole bottle of soy sauce can kill a person. (A/N: I did actually see this.) As the crowd put Louis down, his face went from pain, to dizziness, and finally he fell to the ground unconscious.

Austin's POV

"LOUIS!!!" I heard Juliette screech. We ran towards him, terrified.

"What's going on?" I asked my girlfriend.

Her words were jumbled and slurred. "He drank a bottle of soy sauce! He could di-" that's when she threw up, let out a small moan, and closed her eyes. But I knew what she meant.

"Zayn, call an ambulance." I said to my friend who was beside me. I knelt down next to Juliette and smelled the cup she was holding. Vodka. That Niall gave her. I stomped over to him and grabbed him by the collar.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU GIVE MY GIRLFRIEND ALCOHOL?!?!" My newfound strength and anger scared him.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about!" I threw him down, grabbed the cup, and shoved it in his face.

"THIS. YOU GAVE. HER. THIS." Niall smelled it and his mouth dropped.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry I swear I thought it was water, someone must've put vodka in the water pitcher, I would never mean to hurt Juliette!" He sounded sincere enough.

"Alright, I believe you. But be careful next time. If anything happens to her....." I thought about what actually would happen if I lost Juliette. It wasn't pretty. The truth is I could barely imagine life after her.

-

-

-

-

-

~An hour later~

Austin's POV

Almost everyone from the party went to the emergency room to see if Louis would be okay. He had always been liked because of his ability to make the most depressed, grumpiest, and angriest people lose their breath from laughter. I played with Juliette's hair while she slept peacefully on my lap. She hadn't woken up since the party.

"Is anyone here for Louis Tomlinson?" A nurse asked. Everyone raised their hands. "Well I can't let you all go, I can only admit a few."

"Umm, there's about 6 of us that are really close to him. Is that too much?" Harry asked, his face streaked with tears.

"No, that's fine," she said and gestured for us to follow her. I left Juliette with Liam and went with the nurse along with Harry, Lily, Zayn, Niall, and Brooke. When we got to The room, all of us teared up, if not drained our eyes at the sight of him. Louis was pale and stabbed with tubes and IVs. Harry knelt down beside the bed and rubbed Louis' hand.

"Hey," he whispered, "I know you can hear me. So just stay strong, try to wake up but don't push yourself too much. And I want you to know... you're the best friend anyone could ask for. Don't know what I'd do without you."

Brooke went to the other side of the bed and gave her unconscious boyfriend a hug. A few minutes later, we went back to the waiting room to see how everyone else was doing. The only people left were Erin and Liam, and that was only because they were watching Juliette for me. She still hadn't woken up. I thanked the couple, picked up my girlfriend, and went back to Louis' room. I just knew that Juliette wouldn't want to wake up at home knowing that her best friend was in trouble.

-

-

-

-

-

A/N: hey so I don't know how much longer this book will be, I'm just making it up as I go. But I'll be trying to update sooner 😊