Chapter 1: The New Girl

A/N: Hey guys! This is my 1st fanfic, I really hope you enjoy this. I may ask for people to be characters in the story on Instagram, so if you want to be in the story, my Instagram is @freedomoffandoms . This may be boring at first, but trust me, it gets better. Enjoy!

Chapter 1 The New Girl

Austin's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. I hit the snooze button, and when I do, I hear clanging. Loud clanging. I look up to see my mom banging together two large pans.

"Austin!" She says/sings to me.

"Ugh, it's 5:30 in the morning! Why do I have to get up so early?" I moan.

"Are you telling me you forgot what day it is?" My mom asks, surprised.

I pick up my phone and check the calendar. August 24, the first day of school. My eyes widen as I jump out of bed, shoo my mom out of my room, and get dressed. When I'm done, I run downstairs to the kitchen, where a plate of pancakes is waiting for me. I devour it, grab my backpack, and run out the door, to the bus stop.

I made it just in time.

"Wow, Austin! 1st day of school, and you're almost late to the bus!" My best friend Liam points out as I sit down beside him.

"Oh come on, Liam!" I say as I shove him off of the seat. "I expected you to almost be late after the party last night! I wish I didn't live so far away from school, or else I wouldn't have to be up at 5:30!" I say as I lean my head on the window, hoping to get another hour of sleep.

*************************************

"Wake up, sleepy head!" Liam screams into my ear. I smack his face, leaving a giant red mark.

"Ow!!!!! That hurt!!!" Liam whines.

"No better for you, screaming at me like that!" I scold him.

We get off the bus, and head to the office to see where our lockers are and which class we have first. Turns out we're locker buddies and that we have the same homeroom, so we put our backpacks away, and go to class.

Liam and I pick our seats (beside each other of course), and look for people we know in our class. We see Niall, Zayn, and Justin, but besides them, we didn't recognize anyone. Until I saw the New Girl. She looked so familiar, I knew I had seen her somewhere, I just couldn't remember where.

"Liam, do you know who that is?" I asked, pointing to the New Girl.

"Nope. Never seen her before in my life." Liam answered.

Liam and I asked Niall, Zayn, and Justin to sit beside us, so they wouldn't be alone with strangers.

"Guys, do you know who she is?" I ask once again, pointing to the New Girl.

"Nope." Zayn says.

"Uh-uh." Justin assures me.

"No, but she's pretty........ Does Austin have a crush?" Niall asks.

"Ooh! Austin!" The four boys say in unison, making me turn red.

"No," I lie, "She just looks familiar....."

"Uh-huh. I guess it's because you've seen her in your dreams!" Zayn teases, and earns laughs from the other boys.

I slam my head into my arms on my desk, hoping that the New Girl doesn't see me. Luckily, I wasn't embarrassed even more, because the teacher spoke up.

"Hello, I'm Mrs Roland. Welcome to your 1st day of school! Now, who's new here?"

The New Girl raises her hand, along with a few other people, including two boys, one with messy hair and a huge grin on his face, and another one with a shy smile and curly hair.