27. saint francis

the next day the gallaghers and the wilsons all went over to kevin and veronica's to bring him some waffles

kevin found out that he might have breast cancer and the two of them were really freaked out about it. so we decided to set up some waffles on a plate and made them look like breast with candles on top for nipples.

"happy lumpectomy day to you! happy lumpectomy day to you!" we sang walking into their house.

"come on!" fiona said when they started to walk away.

"happy lumpectomy day dear kev. happy lumpectomy day to you." we sang.

"go on, make a wish." fiona told him while kev prayed then he blew out the candles.

"shit. it's still there." kevin said feeling his lump.

after leaving kev and v's house, carl and i decided to go out for lunch.

"i was thinking, what if you didn't go back to school?" i said making him turn to me.

"i thought you didn't wanna keep me back from my future?" carl said as i let out a sigh.

"i know, i know, it's just i don't want you to go back." i told him as he grabbed my hand.

"i love you, em. but this is my dream." he said as i nodded.

-

the next day i was over at the gallagher house and so was mike, taylor and mel.

i sat on the couch with carl and he had his arm around my shoulder.

"come on... let's walk to auntie fiona if not for me." debbie said to her daughter.

"come on." fiona said to her niece.

"hey, wait, wait. so tell us what you said again right before sean came out." ian asked.

apparently fiona had went to talk to sean's wife about how he was an addict only to find out that she wasn't speaking to sean's wife.

"yeah." lip and mel said.

"let's hear it again, fi." mike said with a laugh.

"i said, he doesn't just use drugs, he uses people!" fiona said making all of us laugh.

"you are a fucking poet, gallagher." nessa said.