Reliving The Past

Outside of the arena, Chara faced Asriel. Asriel now had his swords in his hands. Chara stared him down with a locket in hand from Asriel's room, Chara clutched it tightly holding against his chest. He knew that he only had one chance to save Asriel now.

Asriel then jumped up in the air and lighting came thundering towards Chara. Chara made his determination shield and dodged all of the lighting strikes and then Asriel ran towards Chara with his swords in hand. Asriel swing his sword at Chara, and Chara used his shield to block the oncoming attack. Asriel went to slash Chara once more, but Chara used his cheeks to knock Asriel backwards and ran away from his brother.

Chara now on top of a building and Asriel close behind him, he hoped that his parents were holding up against Bete Noire. Asriel then started lobbing rainbow fireballs towards Chara as Chara jumped from one building to another, using his knife to get leverage on the edge of the building he jumped onto.

Chara quickly got up from the side and kept running across another building, and Asriel was still behind him throwing more rainbow fireballs toward him. Chara kept running towards the end of the building dodging the oncoming fireballs to prevent his death. Chara looked back for a moment to Asriel conjuring a ball of pink energy in his hands and then lobbed it at Chara.

A big explosion went off right behind Chara, as he jumped off the building he was on and towards the ground. Chara drove his knife into the side of the building and grimaced at the events that were unfolding. He won't listen, Chara thought to himself.

Chara then jumped down off the building and decided it was time to show Asriel the real reason he was here. His brother then jumped down from the building near him, creating cracks in the ground below him. Chara held out the locket he had been holding towards Asriel.

The locket dangled in the subtle breeze as Asriel gave a strange look at the locket Chara was holding. His pink eyes dilated at the locket.

"That's... my locket..." Asriel stuttered looking at Chara, Chara smiled that Asriel remembered their item of friendship.

"Yes! Do you remember it? We made one to each other to show our bond." Chara told Asriel, Asirel's strange look remained on his face. Asriel then smiled at Chara after a moment.

"You really think I'm that much of an idiot?" Asriel growled at Chara taking his locket off and throwing it in the air. Asriel then went to throw a rainbow fireball at the locket, Chara fired a blast of determination at the fireball causing them to explode and send the locket flying away from both of them.

Asriel ran towards the locket, but Chara ran faster towards it. Chara slammed his shield into Asriel sending Asriel sideways from him. Chara put on the second locket and looked at Asriel.

"Asriel please... I know you're in there." Chara pleaded with his hate filled brother, but this only seemed to make Asriel even more angry.

"Don't use my own words against me, what's the matter you don't like being attacked? You did it to me too." Asriel answered to Chara, Chara stood his ground against Asriel.

"But you're in there, just like I was. You're my best friend and more importantly my brother Asriel." Chara told Asriel, Asriel stood unmoving for a moment transfixed upon Chara.

"Howdy Asriel, it's me your best friend, Chara." Chara consoled Asriel, Asriel then just started to laugh at Chara.

"You really do think I'm an idiot." Asriel shouted at Chara not out of the control of hate.