Spelled Defeat

"Sans?" Papyrus questioned seeing his brother in front of him, Sans had a semi-expressionless face he wore now.

"Bro, you alright. What happened here?" Sans asked his brother approaching Papyrus who was still on the ground, Papyrus still noticed that Sans' finger was cracked. Papyrus struggles to stand up from his position and Sans helped him to stand up. Far off in the distance, they could faintly hear explosions.

Sans helped Papyrus down the elevator and unit the lab, Papyrus sat down in a chair still feeling drained from his encounter, Papyrus looked at Sans' hand and saw it crack once again, one of his fingers was filled with cracks now.

"I'm so glad you're with us now. When I heard what happened to you I didn't think that you'd ever be able to come back and then you were back with a different-" Papyrus smiled weakly at his now alive brother, but Sans cut him off in his explanation just like usual.

"Are you doing, okay?" Sans asked his weak brother, but Papyrus didn't want to talk about himself even if he was THE GREAT PAPYRUS. Papyrus was mostly worried about his brother that was currently cracking.

"I'm fine, just a little tired that's all nothing I can't handle. Are you alright?" Papyrus asked his brother, he already knew the answer even though he asked.

"Yeah I'm... fine." Sans answers running his hand across his skull, Papyrus saw him grimace, most likely in pain. He didn't know what to do to help his dying brother at the moment.

"Sans, please be honest with me." Papyrus asked of Sans, he sighed and looked Papyrus directly in the eyes before answering.

"I'm in so much pain." Sans spoke quietly before groaning, Sans' finger cracked once more right after his groan. It was starting to retract upwards towards his hand now. Papyrus grimaced at what he knew was to come, he could see Sans but couldn't sense him. Papyrus was exhausted and couldn't help his brother much in his weakened state.

~~~

Toriel and Asgore stared down the Bete Noire in front of them. Neither of them knew if they would be able to make it out of this alive, but they'd die trying to stop her at all costs. Asgore made his trident in his hand, Bete Noire made her scythe in her hand and smiled at both of them.

"You got beaten by your own son, how do you have any hope of taking me down?" Bete Noire questioned them holding her scythe tightly.

"The hope that we could get him back." Asgore answered pointing his trident towards Bete Noire. A line of fire came shooting out of it towards her, Bete Noire then teleported behind Asgore and went to slash him with the scythe she was holding. Toriel then held her hands out and shot fire at the Bete Noire, Bete Noire then jumped backwards and grimaced at them.

"Why do you even care to keep fighting, he's lost forever." Bete Noire stated, she ran towards Asgore with her arm transformed into a spear. They collided and fought for a victory over easy other. Both Bete Noire and Asgore lifted their other hand up at the same time to hit each other. Their attacks collided and Asgore was shot backwards. Toriel looked at Bete Noire, enraged.

She conjured fireballs above her head and sent them flying towards the Bete Noire. Bete Noire jumped over them and made a dark pink arrow beside her arm and threw it towards Toriel. A trident flew past Toriel and collided with the arrow, the trident then flew towards Bete Noire and collided with her. Toriel and Asgore smiled at their minor victory.

Bete Noire took the trident out of her and threw it to the ground, she grimaced at the two of them. Bete Noire then had her arm extend towards Toriel and Asgore, both of them stood together and used a combo fireball attack against her. The attacks collided and the arm kept going towards them, it grabbed Asgore and threw him against the wall of the arena. Asgore fell to the ground, blood flowing down his face.

"ASGORE!" Toriel shouted at him, as she was distracted by Asgore's fall she failed to notice Bete Noire teleport behind her and hit her from behind. Toriel then fell to the ground from the impact, Bete Noire smiled at her major victory.

"For a king and queen, you put up much less of a fight than I hoped you would have." Bete Noire laughed at them, transforming her arm into a spear. From the hole in the arena from Asriel, Chara and Asriel ran through. Asriel still chasing him, Chara ran to Toriel's side and helped her up as Asgore walked to both of them. Bete Noire and Asriel both stared them down.

"What a pitiful attempt." Bete Noire told them, Chara felt remorse for not being able to save Asriel.