Mission:Double-Towel

Jungkook's POV

"Are you okay?"

All my anger washed away when I saw Y/n shutting her eyes in fear. I didn't wanna cause her pain anymore. Why would you help her after all she has done? You'd ask. I don't know,but it didn't matter. Not then. Not when she was in pain. Are you insane? My mind kept screaming at me. Some part of me felt guilty,responsible for her. That part of  me believed in her innocence. But the rest of me and my mind were clouded by hatred. I always convinced myself that it was hatred. Of course what else it'd be? 

I was brought back to reality by her short response.

"I'm scared."

Authors POV

She engulfed herself in his arms. Her arms sneaked around his waist as she pressed  her head on his chest.

"Oh? Jeonnie? You have a heart too."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowedat the remark but there was a hint of amusement in his tone as he spoke. "You're drunk,aren't you?"

You giggled,fully throwing yourself over Jungkook.

"Promise to me now,oh oh,if you feel like you're alone ,oh oh,several times of the day ,oh oh,don't throw yourself away ,oh oh."

Jungkook's eyes softened,almost saddening despite your giggles. He laid you down on the bed,himself lying next to you. He turned around now facing you. He put a strand of your hair behind your ear. He kept his hand on your cheek,stroking it lightly. You scrunched your nose and opened your eyes.

"Jungkook-ah." You softly whispered.

"Hmm?"

You suddenly started crying and whimpering. Jungkook pulled you close. Your faces were inches away.

"Let it all out."

"I hate myself." You sobbed. "I grew up not having my parents around to teach me what's right and what's wrong,to give me love. My grandma left me. She only told me goodbye in my dreams. I had my beloved work and Mr. Jeon who was like a father figure at work. He fell sick and I got fired. At least I still have Jimin,Taehyung and Jisoo. You know what hurts me the most? I have never been able to keep the promises that I made to my loved ones. I'm not angry at you for firing me. Not at all. I'm mad at myself. For not fighting enough. For letting your words hurt me. For being weak." 

Exhausted,you closed your eyes. Your little snores were filling the room. Jungkook was puzzled.

For now,just for now. He thought,closing his eyes and drifting away to sleep.

Jungkook's POV

I woke up and squinted my eyes due to the bright light. I looked around the room and my eyes grew twice their size. Y/n was lying on top of me. Well,almost. Her head was resting on my shoulder while her legs were tangled with mine. She looked so peaceful. Suddenly I remembered our conversation. I sighed as I didn't know  what was happening to me.

She doesn't deserve it . A part of my heart kept telling me. Never follow what your heart tells you. It's all bullshit. Its always wrong. I always end up hurt.

Y/n's POV 

I woke up but didn't open my eyes. I was tired. All the energy was drained from me. Soft breathing was all I could hear. I opened my eyes and was immediately met with Jungkook's gaze.

"Good morning." I said softly. I started having flashbacks of the day before.

"You aren't freaking out?"