Chapter Five

We spend the rest of the weekend in each other's beds. Exploring this new side to our friendship.
I awake Monday morning to the smell of pancakes and bacon, Charlie rarely cooked but when it did it was always really good. I hop out of bed and grab the first T-shirt i see, and then i head into the kitchen. That's where i find him over the stove flipping pancakes.
"What's wrong with you? You only cook when you're happy, which isn't that often."
"Oh haha, I'm always happy. I just thought i would treat you this morning. Sorry for trying to do a nice thing."
"I appreciate it pal." I say as Charlie finishes up the food and brings it over to the table where I've sat down.
I immediately dig in, stuffing my face. "Thats real attractive." Says Charlie trying to get a rise out of me. I instead ignore him and continue to eat. Once I'm done it's about time for me to start getting ready, i offer a quickie in the shower to Charlie and he hops up and follows me to the bathroom.

We both make quick work of our clothes and hop in the shower, enjoying the hot water before we get down to business.
Once we're done with everything we get out and i head to my room alone in order to get dressed for work.
I work at a publishing house, as an assistant to one of the head editors. I hope to one day become an editor which is why i got a degree in English, while Charlie got a law degree. Which is what he does for a living , working at a law firm. We both love what we do and thats what really matters.

I pick out a blouse and a pencil skirt and i get dressed, i grab my purse and head out into the living room at the same time as Charlie. He looks incredibly handsome in his suit, his usual work attire. He eyes me up and down, taking in my appearance as well.
"Damn meg, you look like a sexy teacher."
"Thanks thats exactly the look i was going for."
I say sarcastically , We then say our goodbyes and head our separate ways. I hail a cab and rattle off the address, i take the time to check my text messages that I've been neglecting this past weekend. I see one from Becca letting me know that she went home with the guy form the bar and that the sex was so good she thinks she's in love. I then see another one from her asking if i was okay, that she hadn't heard from me all weekend. I choose to reply but i keep things vague, some along the lines that i got way to drunk and had to spend the weekend recovering. Hopefully she buys my lie, i feel bad because this is the first thing I've ever kept from her. We always tell each other everything, I honestly don't know how long i can keep this from her.

The cab driver tells me that we've reached the destination, i hop out onto the street and head towards my office building.
I make my way inside and on to the elevator, i then press my floor button. Once there i get off the elevator and walk towards my desk, getting the day started.