Forty-Four

INFERNO
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
DECEMBER 10TH 1993,

INFERNOCHAPTER FORTY FOURDECEMBER 10TH 1993,

"Janine you been sleeping all day. Girl get up." I turned to Aaliyah and Jackie who looked at me like I was crazy. Damn, I can't be tired? I was up early with JoJo and Romeo because we watched cartoons together. Plus I think I deserve some sleep.

"Girl it's six in the afternoon, you been sleep since eleven. You sure you good?" I nodded and sat up wiping my face.

"You know the Billboard Awards coming on tonight." She commented and I turned to her still half sleep.

"You talking about the guys being there? I'm still kinda' sleepy Jackie but I'll watch it." I walked into the bathroom to get myself together.

I hadn't really talked to the guys, I know they're getting busy to drop the album, baby momma's and plus I'm in Momma mode. Plus I've spent four months with them, they can use the break.

John-John told me to be up for the past few days once he get off work so that we could talk. Of course I wasn't able to fulfill it but I was up now. He's off so whatever he got to tell me. He can tell me today.

Plus I was kind of trying to keep my distance from Garfield, he keep's trying to take me out and stuff or for me to come and stay at his place. I thought it was clear we weren't getting together. I'm already dreading that this nigga decided not to go to Georgia after all.

I thought I could get away from it. I brushed my teeth and washed my face again, walking out and was met with the... I forgot his name but I remember him from the library.

"Oh shit Janine! , wassup I ain't know you came back yet." I smiled and shook his hand back.

"Yeah couldn't leave my babygirl for too long." A pretty girl walked behind him and cleared her throat looking at me. Eyeing as if I tried to kiss the nigga. I hardly know his name right now.

"Who is this Li?" Aaliyah looked around the corner and gave me a smile.

"This is Janine, John-John's little sister. She ain't stuntin' about Terrence calm down. She's worried about Da-" Johnathan tapped her and whispered her ear.

"Wrong one.DeVante sorry."

"As in DeVante Swing?" Everyone turned to her and nodded their head slowly. I returned my gaze back to Terrence and patted his shoulder walking passed him and her.

"Aye' Ni' don't it look nice outside let's go see." John-John quickly took my arm and we left out the living room and out the door. He closed the door and looked up to the part of sun that was about to go down. My eyes furrowed to the yellow tape I saw over the fence at the house beside us.