Seventy One.

DISCO INFERNO

CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE

JULY 25TH 1995,

"I don't feel comfortable

"I don't feel comfortable." Lisa comments, as she folds her arms. Instead of asking Janine like I was going to, I asked Lisa in spite. Thinking that once word got that maybe just maybe she'd say something about it. But I guess she was really done with me.

Ever since my blow up on Davie's birthday, she seemed to only talk about the kids and steered clear of me. If it wasn't much I could do now, any slim chance I did have of getting her back was probably gone. I shake my head in though, wanting to grab my phone and call her to apologize but my eyes travel over to Lena who began to roll her eyes at me and turns back to Joel to indulge in a convo.

Guess I know who's TeamJanine.

All of our eyes travel to Dalvin as he continues to cackle over the car phone, laughing his life away if whoever is talking was just that funny. Lisa turns to me, showing a large smile that seemed to show me that she was cheering up about the situation.

She didn't have to say yes if she was gonna stay bummed out over this. My eyebrow raises for a quick moment and I turn to Dalvin.

"So wait... who watching DaLaurie?" I ask and Dalvin looks from the phone and takes it from his ear.

"Janine people in New Jersey actually. Aaliyah and John-John and Jackie, So DaLaurie with them." He goes back to his phone call and I sit back. She didn't tell me her people was coming to New Jersey. That's something.

As we approached the building, the guys and Lena got out and Lisa grabs my wrist. I turn around and wave the guys on, shutting the door as I sit back down.

Silence fell over the truck and I stare at her once more. We really finna sit in here and not say anything.

My mouth opens as well as hers.

"I'm sorry that it seems like I'm not grateful about this, I'm just... like really scared. I feel like this is betrayal to not only my sister but to your other babymama. I was sitting in there faces and now I'm here...with you." I raise an eyebrow and purse my lips to the side. I don't know why she act as if Janine would care. Janine don't like her or me. But Alex? Would probably be pissed. That I can't help with.

"I thought we was here as friends, unless I'm missing something." She looks at me and instantly shakes her head.

"You ready to get out?" I nod slowly as I begin to ponder in my thoughts.

"Was I missing something?"