Chapter 16: Mate

Bucky kicks at the cell bars lazily, his head hung, hair covering his face, he hates being back at the mercy of Hydra and he now hates the stupid werewolves as well. He kicks at the bars harder, though considering he's sedated it's not much.

"Selene" he whispers to himself, then gasps as his vision shifts. He's looking in a mirror but it's Selene's reflection he sees, as she blinks and steadies herself. She stares in the mirror and then shakes her head, Bucky's vision returning to the cell. "No" he whispers. "Bring her back" he cries out and closes his eyes, bringing his memories of Selene forward, he can escape into them. "I miss you" he whispers.

..........................

Kahn stares at Selene crossing his arms over his chest.

"You've bonded with him" he points out. "Connected on a spiritual level....that's what you saw....you saw what he could see..."

"Bonded with him?" she asks back. Kahn smirks.

"He's your mate"

"Shut your mouth" she snaps. "He's a werewolf...." she tells him pulling on her coat.

"Still your mate....do you know how rare this shared connection is, Selene?" she shoots him another look. "It might help you find him"

"We'll see" she complains grabbing her guns and slotting them into place. "Be careful" she tells Kahn. "I have a bad feeling about all of this" Kahn nods.

"Of course, I'm heading to meet David later so....I'll be out of the country" he sighs. "Will you call if you find him?" She looks to him. "I'm curious" she nods.

.........................

"What are you doing?" Bucky thrashing against his bindings. Marius leans over him and smirks.

"You arm is not longer compatible with your new body" Bucky's eyes widen. "So...we make a few adjustments" Marius touches Bucky's arm. Bucky trues to jerk away.

"You sick freak" Bucky growls. Marius' smirk turns cruel.

"Perhaps" he pats Bucky's shoulder. "This will hurt" he tells him before walking away. Bucky's breathing increases, he's afraid. He closes his eyes.

"Selene" he whispers, his vision swims slightly behind his eyes as his view point changes, she's driving, Steve beside her and Natasha in the back. Steve looks tired.

"Sergeant Barnes" he snaps open his eyes to look at the man looming over him. "Are you ready to begin?"

"Go to hell" he growls. The man looks up.

"Sedate him"

........................

Selene stumbles into a wall and takes a deep breath, Steve catches her elbow.

"Selene!" she looks up at him, her eyes turning blue.

"What's happening?" Natasha asks.

"I.." Selene closes her eyes. "Bucky" she whispers, her vision shifts and she's staring into a medical light, she opens her eyes and looks up at Steve. "We have to hurry" she starts to walk away, Steve looks to Natasha who frowns worried.

"When was the last time you fed?" Natasha asks.

"I will feed when I find him"

"Yes, and every hour between then and now you will get weaker" Natasha points out.

"Well do you see any humans around that you wish to sacrifice?" Selene snaps back.

"What about one of us?" Steve offers.

"I bite you, you turn..." Selene tells him. "You see the problem" Steve nods. Natasha pulls a flask from her jacket and a knife from her boot, she hands the flask to Steve who frowns taking it.

"Hold this" the redhead tells him before she slices open her palm.

"Natay'la" Selene warns, Natasha holds her hand over the flask and clenches her fist, the blood dripping into the flask. She fills it before tying off her hand, Steve holds out the flask to Selene, who looks away.

"Selene" Natasha pushes. "Take it" Selene snatches it from Steve and walks away. Steve turns to Natasha and helps with her hand.

"This is really getting to her" he whispers.

"Yes" Natasha agrees. "If we don't find him....I don't know what she'll do" Natasha looks up at him. "Selene is normally predictable, but taking away something she cares about......" Steve nods and kisses her forehead.

"Come on..." he and Natasha hurry after Selene.

..........................

Bucky wakes as they drag him back to his cell, he glances up at his captures and lets out a pathetic growl, they both smirk down at him before looking forward.

..........................

Selene rubs her fingers into her head as she pulls her vision back, maybe Kahn was right, maybe this will help, she'd seen something, a sign on the wall behind the guards. She leans over the seat and grabs the laptop from behind her, they'd stopped at a diner for Steve and Natasha to eat. Selene's fingers work on the laptop as she searches before she smiles, a little bit of hope. A wicked smirk etches across her lips. She will make them all pay for hurting him.

"I'm coming" she whispers.