You're a Rapper

At Eximia, there was one professor that everyone loved, who everyone knew, whether they'd taken the class or not. 

That professor was Jintao Yang. 

"Mrs. Yang, Weijian has an addiction," Manaka whined. "She downloaded animal crossing a few days ago, and now she won't stop. She's gonna turn into a furry- Ow!" Weijian smacked Manaka's arm, tucking her phone into her pocket. 

"Mrs. Yang, I was checking the weather," Weijian explained. The professor laughed, shaking her head. 

"You girls are too much, you know that?" 

Manaka laughed. "You've been telling us for four years, Mrs. Yang," she smiled. 

Just then, the sound of footsteps came echoing down the halls as Fangsu, Liwei, Lihua, Phitsamai, Meixing, and Tungmei came rushing in through the doorway. "We're here, Mrs. Yang!" Jintao playfully rolled her eyes, feigning disgust. 

"Fine, Mrs. Yang. Be like that," Liwei smiled. A day with Jintao meant a day of fun and games. She was the professor that could make all kinds of jokes with her students, never failing to put a smile on their faces.  Since day one, Liwei and Jintao would make jokes together. 

Jintao grinned. "I'm kidding. Anyways, how are your classes?" she asked, propping her chin on her hand. 

A series of "good" and "okay" went around. She nodded in understanding. 

"Weijian, how's your class going?" 

"Which one? I have a lot of classes, Mrs. Yang," Weijian replied. "Are you talking about the one over at Dominatus? The Organic Chemistry lab?" Jintao nodded. "It's going well. Better than I thought. Honestly, it's not bad at all. And chem is pretty fun," Weijian said, clapping her hands. 

"Mrs. Yang, Weijian's being a nerd again," Manaka complained. "I say we yeet her out the window." The girls laughed. 

"Not if I yeet you first," Weijian spat. The girls' laughter died down when the door opened, everyone turning their head. 

"Oh, Sicheng!" Jintao got out of her seat and led him to a cabinet in the back of the classroom. "I'm assuming you're here to get the list?" she asked, digging through the unorganized files. Sicheng hummed in response. The girls continued to chat while cleaning around the room as Weijian organized some papers that needed to be returned. The group would always go to Jintao's classroom to help her out. 

"Oh, Mrs. Yang?" Sicheng asked. Weijian could tell he was a soft-spoken boy. She turned around, her eyebrows raised, waiting for Sicheng to continue. "I was wondering if you could tell me where the market is. I need to get some things for my classes and I'm not too familiar with this campus," he spoke, twidling his thumbs. 

Jintao smiled. "Oh, I can do better than just tell you," she said. "I can send Weijian over here with you." She slung an arm around Weijian's shoulder, patting her back. "She was going to go there anyway." 

"I was?" Weijian asked, her eyes searching for answers on Jintao's face. Jintao nodded, giving her a 'You Better Shut Up and Go With the Flow' smile.  "Oh, yeah. Sounds good," Weijian said immediately, coughing after. Sicheng looked just as confused as Weijian, but he just nodded. 

"Weijian, try not to die on the way there," Liwei joked. Weijian opened her mouth to counter that when Jintao clucked her tongue. 

"No, Weijian. Less talking, more walking." 

Weijian opened her mouth, but no words came out. She froze for a second before a grin appeared on her face. "Mrs. Yang, you're a rapper," she laughed. The girls burst out laughing, making Jintao chuckle herself. 

Sicheng was still nervous around the new people, but he found himself laughing at the joke. He had a feeling he'd get along just fine with that 'Weijian' girl. He watched Weijian take her things and approach him.

"Sicheng, right?" she asked. He nodded. She shyly smiled and gestured to the door. 

"Come on, I'll take you to the market."